This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Can you believe that it’s already week six?! I’m sure many of us either already had midterms already or have them this week so this is for you! Get out of the library and go somewhere and take a break from all the studying that you’ve done! Here are some places that you can go to in the proximity of Santa Barbara to destress and relax after midterms!

Santa Barbara Zoo

Hang out with cute animals at the zoo for a day! With over 500 animals to look at, you can’t get bored! And who would want to pass up feeding a giraffe?

Santa Barbara County Courthouse

Lay on the beautiful green grass and take a nap in the sun! If you want to be inside, there is a library and a mural room where you can enjoy the views. And if you don’t feel like this is going to work for you, you can walk one block over and try retail therapy on State Street! There is also the beautiful clock tower where you can see beautiful views from the top!

Inspiration Point

Why not get some exercise in while doing something to destress? Go on a hike to Inspiration Point for a breathtaking view!

Stearns Wharf

Swing by the wharf for a beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset! Afterwards, you can treat yo’ self to a wonderful seafood dinner! Why not?! You totally deserve it!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.