This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It is often hard to settle for your everyday frat bro in college when the books we have read throughout our lives have taught us to expect nothing less than someone who shows you their endless devotion. Whether it’s boomboxes outside of your bedroom window or love letters in your locker, we have all, at one point in our lives, had the slightest bit of hope that our class crushes would unveil these grand gestures for us. Not to mention we have all, at one point in our lives been disappointed by the made-up scenarios that conjure up within our minds. However, let’s not blame us hopeless romantics for wanting and expecting more because we deserve it. In the meantime, we can settle for reading about the love lives of authors that pierce our hearts through their fervent words and depictions of lust. Here are some authors to try out:

1. Michael Faudet

If you are a lover of poetry then I highly suggest you pick up any of Michael Faudet’s collection of books. His erotic and lustful tone keeps you wanting more. His style of writing is utterly addicting. He will make you swoon and almost begin thinking about a past love that you never even had.

Image source

2. Rainbow Rowell

This adult contemporary writer has one of the most unique voices out there. Her fabrication of relatable and well-rounded characters will make you feel as if you are reading a story about people you have known for years. Her quirky and modern takes on the boy/girl love story convention are a breath of fresh air. Pick up any of her books for a light, but heartfelt read.

Image source

3. Orion Carloto

I am often weary about picking up books written by YouTube celebrities. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Carloto’s novel. Her debut novel Flux is a collection of poetry and prose that will sway you into daydreams about that lost love you met at summer camp that one year. Whether you are mourning over a lack of love or swooning over the overwhelming feeling of it all over again, this novel will leave you wanting more.

Image source

Lea Hassakorzian is a second-year Communication major and French minor. She is originally from Beirut, Lebanon but now resides in Los Angeles, California. She is an Editorial Intern at Hercampus. After graduating from UCSB, she hopes to someday move to France and pursue a career in marketing. Her interests include reading, watching movies, and traveling the world.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)