6 Ways to Make Your Morning Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Ahh, mornings. They’re rough, annoying, and quite frankly, something we never want to deal with.

As if getting our life straightened out in college wasn’t bad enough, now we have to deal with getting our day right, EVERY SINGLE MORNING! And worst of all?

IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY!

Waking up early, going for a morning job and having a delicious big breakfast can be amazing. Just not realistic.

Lucky for you, the ladies at Her Campus UCSB are here to help.

Here are 6 easy steps to turn your morning from 0 to 100, real quick!

1. Set a realistic alarm clock(s)

Giving yourself those extra 10-30mins. of sleep will allow you to actually wake up when you really need to

2. Drink a cold glass of water!

Drinking cold water is the same thing as drinking an energy drink or having coffee.

3. Pack your lunch the day before

Save yourself an extra 20 minutes to look super cute for the day by packing your lunch and sticking it in the refrigerator the night before.

4. Check the weather before you go to bed

By checking the weather the night before you allow yourself time to decide what to wear for the day.

5. Morning music!

Listening to music while getting ready wakes up your body and allows you to be alert early on in the day! 

6. Stick to a schedule

Knowing what you’re doing throughout the day can help you prepare in the morning – plus you won’t be rushing to figure out what to do first!

Hopefully these simple tricks save you plenty of time each morning, and who knows, you might actually have time for some breakfast?

Elizabeth Vasquez graduated from UC Santa Barbara back in 2016 with a BA in English. Elizabeth currently resides in the Silicon Valley area and works for Modern Luxury Silicon Valley magazine as a marketing & events coordinator. When she isn't working, Elizabeth enjoys dining out with friends, reading a book and spending time with her two dogs. See what she is up to on Instagram: @iamelizabethvasquez and on Twitter: @MissElizabethLV
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.