pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Grad Photo Poses Worthy of Your Degree

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Cue that one orchestra song nobody knows the name of, graduation is right around the corner! And you know what that means ladies– it’s grad pic time! So get your glitter and grad caps ready, because here are the 5 grad photos you need to remember your time at UCSB!

1. Henley Gate

Image via Alex Gonzalez Photography

Starting with the basics, every girl needs a pic of where it all started! Henley Gate welcomed us to UCSB, and it only feels right sharing a moment with it before you leave.

2.  Pop the Champagne

Image via Alex Gonzalez Photography

Most grads are over 21 by the time they graduate, and nothing says celebration more than champagne! So, shake up a bottle and tell the photographer to use continuous frames, because these shots are dramatic and altogether fun!

3. The High School Musical

Image via Alex Gonzalez Photography

Troy, Gabriella, and Sharpay had it right! Despite beginning in 2001, the classic jumping pose hasn’t aged one bit! Finishing your undergraduate career is a Fabulous reason to jump for joy, and post-grad life is the Start of Something New! Bonus: This pose works great for both singles and the whole squad!

4. The “I Went to Michaels!”

Image via Alex Gonzalez Photography

Let’s be honest, we spend countless hours decorating our grad caps– so, show it off! If you plan on having the photo be of the back of your head, be sure to style your hair so it’s as polished as your grad cap!

5. The Over This B.S.

Image via Alex Gonzalez Photography

In three to four years of college and the oh-so-painful 8 AMs, we’ve been guilty of chugging a Yerba at the lib and sneaking a snooze during lecture. These poses are cute, funny, and brutally honest about our college experiences!

There you have it Class of 2018! You’ve come so far, so flash your best smile and flaunt those grad photos– you deserve it.

Isabelle is a third-year Gaucho who has never met a dog she didn't like. She's tackling a double major in Communication and Psychology as well as minors in Art & Technology and Education. In her free time, Isabelle enjoys sipping boba, snapping photos, and spending time with her amazing partner.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)