Vampire Diaries Actress Baby Bump Blessed by Pope Francis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Many of us know her as Caroline Forbes, kick-ass vampire best friend of Elena Gilbert in the hit TV show “The Vampire Diaries,” but to the unborn baby girl in Caroline’s tummy, she’ll be known as mommy. After announcing that she and her husband, The Fray rocker Joe King, have a bun in the oven, they received thousands of congrats from both parties fan clubs as well as one unsuspecting fan: Pope Francis.

“It was incredible,” King told PEOPLE magazine of meeting the pontiff, who blessed her belly during his U.S. visit two weeks ago.

“My husband’s band got to perform for the event in Philadelphia on Saturday night I was there just supporting him and them, and it was such an honor to have a moment with the pope,” King said. 

As for those of us who can’t help but wonder if the new bump might influence our nights spent eating ice cream out of the tub and binge watching “The Vampire Diaries,” King can’t really help us. She did, however tell us who we need to find in order to get such information. 

“As to whether or not the storyline will be written into the show, that’ll be a great question for Caroline Dries or (Julie Plec),” she says, naming the supernatural series’ writers/producers. “They’ll have great answers for that. I am keeping my mouth shut! I know some things, but I don’t know the whole story.” 

Sharni is a first-year Art major with a focus on photography and a love for everything the So-Cal lifestyle has to offer. Her hobbies include playing tennis, exploring, and spending time with her Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.