These Aren’t Your Average Yoga Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you haven’t heard of it already, the newest trend in yoga is equally confusing as it is adorable. It’s goat yoga. Yes, you read that right. Yoga while simultaneously playing with cute baby goats. Goat yoga studios have been popping up all over the country: while it started in Oregon, you can also try it in LA, Texas, Arizona, New Hampshire, and more. But goat yoga isn’t the only weird trend in yoga to be tried over the past few years; here’s a few other less-traditional yoga classes being offered, if goats aren’t your thing.

1. Naked Yoga

This studio in New York offers pretty much exactly what it sounds like: naked yoga. Practicers claim that this is how yoga was meant to be done, and offers more freedom than clothed-yoga.

2. Doga

Does your dog seem a little stressed out? Why not take them to yoga! Doga studios, such as Doga Dog in Jacksonville Beach, FL offer classes for you and your pup to exercise together. Check out her website for videos and pose examples!

3. Horse Yoga

If you live in Skagit Valley, Washington, then you’re lucky enough to be in range to take horse yoga classes! The three hour workshop (or six, if you extend it with a horsemanship clinic) helps you practice yoga and get in touch with your horse using language and breath. If you’ve been trying to find a way to get connected to your horse in a new and meaningful way, this class is of you.

4. Ganja Yoga

If you’re into other ways to relax, why not try them both together? In San Francisco (and other weed-friendly cities) you can practice mindfulness and meditation, breathing exercises, and more with ambient electric guitar in the background.

These are only five of many more unique yoga opportunities available in the US and all over the world. Which one are you going to try first?

Photos from The New York Times, DailyMail.UK, Dale De La Rey/AFP/GETTYInstagram/@horse_yoga_girl, and BusinessInsider

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.