See Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals Perform at the Adidas 5K Run Friday June 8th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

In honor of their new collaboration with Parley, Adidas is hosting a special 5K run in Temescal Park, Los Angeles to use the power of sports to raise awareness for the threat of marine plastic pollution. As part of their collaboration, Adidas has released a line of shoes created with the Parley Ocean Plastic, including the AM4LA. Cyrill Gutsch, Founder of Parley for the Oceans said: “Every second breath we take is created by the Oceans. Still, we are killing its life in rapid speed. We are hosting Run for the Oceans with adidas to step out of our routine, to take a deep breath and to reflect on how important the sea is for every one of us. And to show that millions of little steps can make a huge difference for our movement.” 

As shown by this photo, each pair of Adidas created with the Parley Ocean Plastic saves 11 plastic bottles from the possibility of entering our oceans. For every km completed and logged in Runtastic app from June 8th through July 8th, adidas will contribute $1 dollar to the Parley Ocean Plastic Program (up to $1 million).

Adidas is also hosting special events where fans can participate in 5Ks and enjoy snacks, drinks (if you’re over 21) and performances. The series of running events kick-off in Los Angeles this Friday, June 8th with performances by Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals. Here’s the link to sign up to attend this free event. 

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com