My Top 4 Podcasts That You Should Definitely Tune In To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I have definitely been in my podcast era recently. Something about listening to a podcast, no matter the topic, really makes me feel so productive and adds a little boost to my day. I’ve been loving just going out on a walk and putting one on; it has become a staple in my routine this quarter. And in an attempt to inspire others to be on their podcast grind, I wanted to share some of my own personal favorites and the ones I find myself going back to over and over again. I also included a link to each show on Spotify! 

Stuff You Missed In History Class

This has been one of my favorites for years and my dad actually introduced me to it, which is super cool. The premise behind Stuff You Missed In History Class is that each episode covers a niche era or event in history. Most episodes are about things that I haven’t even heard of before and I always feel so smart after listening to one. These episodes are so interesting and the hosts do a really great job of making a story out of the event, so it’s super engaging and easy to follow along. Some of their most recent episodes discussed topics such as a scandalous murder in the 1800’s, the catacombs under Paris and Mary Somerville, who is nicknamed the Queen of Science. 

Anything Goes With Emma Chamberlain

This is another show that I’ve been listening to for a long time. I just think that Emma Chamberlain is the coolest person ever (I’m patiently waiting for the day that I see her in LA), and her podcasts feel like I’m just listening to a friend talk, which is super comforting. A lot of Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain episodes focus on advice and well-being. Some of the most recent episodes discussed ideas such as “only you know what’s good for you”, superstition and comparing yourself to others. 

Crime Junkie 

As the name implies, Crime Junkie is a true crime podcast and definitely one of my favorites. Now, true crime isn’t for everyone, but if it’s something you’re into I definitely recommend this show! The episode topics range from murder cases to missing person cases and the hosts do a really great job of researching every case and presenting it accurately. I definitely have to be in the right mood to listen to true crime, but when I am, this show is always my first choice. 

The Daily 

This news show, produced by the New York Times, is one of my favorite news podcasts. As the name implies, The Daily publishes a short show everyday, based on the most timely and relevant news of the day. I typically don’t get a chance to actually listen to this one everyday, but I try to tune in a couple times a week. Getting news in an audio format can make it feel so much more digestible and it makes it way easier to stay caught up with current events. Some of their most recent shows covered events such as a Supreme Court case regarding gun laws, the auto workers strike and the upcoming presidential election. 

These are some of my favorite podcasts! I have so many other favorites but I wanted to include a range of topics and ideas, so hopefully there’s something in here that catches your attention! But I definitely recommend finding favorite podcasts and taking the time to listen to them. It really adds something important to my routine and has changed my perspective for the better.

Maia Hull

UCLA '26

Maia is a second year microbiology and immunology major and mathematics minor from San Diego, CA. She loves to read and write, snowboard, go swimming, and hang out with friends, as well as the occasional shopping spree.