Office Hours with ASAP Rocky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The Music Industry Committee at UCLA (MIC at UCLA), a student-run organization, launched their “Office Hours” series earlier this year and have been bringing HUGE musicians to UCLA to teach students about the music industry from prominent artists. MIC was founded by brothers, David and Allan Brik, who felt a need for more music industry related programs at UCLA, especially since the minor is so small. (Check out this profile we did on them earlier this year). David is currently a Junior with a major in Economics and a minor in Music Industry and his older brother Allan is a 1st year Masters in Mechanical Engineering Graduate student at UCLA.

On March 9, MIC at UCLA invited ASAP Rocky to participate in their Office Hour series. The event was free and open to all UCLA students, although it was on a first-come-first-served basis and there were SO MANY students interested in attending. Students started lining up for the event at 12:30PM, even though it was not going to start until 5:30PM and this was during 9th week, when we should all be studying and crying for finals. 

Her Campus UCLA was lucky enough to attend this awesome event and hear ASAP Rocky’s words of wisdom. He talked about his creative inspiration for both fashion and music and shared the importance of lessons we can learn outside of the classroom. ASAP answered questions from students in the audience and even invited a few on stage for a hug, photo opp, and gave out tickets to his show.

Special thanks to MIC at UCLA for putting on this amazing event!

*Photos Courtesy of Sara Zaghi, Mariana Ortega, and MIC at UCLA

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.