Feeling Like Every Day Is The Same? Here Are 5 Safe Ways To Mix Up Your Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We’ve officially passed the one-year anniversary of quarantine. I don’t know about you, but lately, each day has been feeling like the same day on repeat. If you’re looking to safely change up your routine, here are five ways to do so:

Mix up your walking routine!

I never would have thought that I would miss walking to class and work, but here I am advocating for walks! Over quarantine, I have tried to go on a walk each afternoon just to break up my screen time and shake out my legs. Going on a new path is a safe way to explore your neighborhood and see new sights!

Make a festive treat.

Since many of our plans this year have been canceled, my family and I have been celebrating every holiday—as in, National Pancake Day type of holiday! With Easter coming up, seize the opportunity to bake a fun and festive treat! Maybe a little bunny cake is in your future. Whatever you end up making, this is such a fun activity that you can do alone or with your family!

Go on a day trip!

I love day trips! Over the course of this year, my family and I would pack a picnic and travel up or down the coast until we found the perfect lunch spot! I can’t tell you how rejuvenating it felt just to see something a little different and enjoy eating in a new place. With businesses opening up more, maybe pick up food from somewhere local and support the town!

Treat yourself and support small businesses!

There are so many small businesses that are making it through this difficult time. Rather than going for ice cream or shopping at a national chain, think about eating and shopping in small businesses! This is such a great way to treat yourself and show your support to your community. I know this year I have met and heard so many stories from local shopkeepers that are truly inspiring. This has made me try to change my spending habits towards a more local base.

Try a new workout!

This year has been an amazing year to try new workout videos and routines that you can do from home. I encourage you to try something out of your comfort zone! The other day, I did a yoga class for the first time and loved how centered I felt at the end. Who knows, maybe you will find something to incorporate into your weekly routine?

These are five ways to safely mix up your daily routine! I hope you enjoy and are able to try a couple of them out.

Ava Burford is a junior at UCLA. She is passionate about uplifting others through her writing, philanthropic work and blog. She is apart of the sorority Pi Beta Phi and enjoys running and being with her family in her free time.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.