Exclusive Video: Empowering College Advice From Hannah Stocking and The Merrell Twins at The 2018 Teen Choice Awards Pink Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

On August 12th, we had the honor of covering the 2018 Teen Choice Awards Pink Carpet! Held at the Forum in Los Angeles, the two-hour live show honored this year’s favorites from TV, music, fashion and beauty! With the delicious popsicles to help combat the summer heat plus the pink carpet, we were stoked to meet some of the best and brightest talent out there right now. We even got to pose with the iconic Teen Choice Surfboard Award! On the carpet were some of our favorite actors and actresses, like Cole Sprouse, Lucy Hale and even a few internet icons, like Bethany Mota! However, the best part of the night was getting some tips and thoughts from our favorite stars about female empowerment, starting YouTube Channels and more!

Check out the video below to see what some of our favorite girl boss nominees and attendees, like the Merrell Twins and Hannah Stocking had to say!

Hannah Stocking, a YouTube content creator whose channel has over 4.3 million subscribers, came to support her best friend, Lele Pons, who co-hosted the Awards with Nick Cannon and was also nominated for Choice Female Webstar and Choice YouTuber. 

When we asked about any messages for Lele tonight, Stocking said, “I hope I don’t get kicked out from screaming so loud.” Now if that isn’t #bestfriendgoals, then I don’t know what is.

Beauty influencer and YouTuber Kandee Johnson gave us a sweet tooth with her gorgeous custom-made dress tailored to her show off her sweet personality! Nominated for Choice Beauty Webstar, Kandee gave college girls some advice on getting ready in the morning:

“Always go with a quick foundation, so it looks like you slept, eyebrows [that] will make you look like your face is contoured, some lashes and some gloss. And if you’re feeling crazy, [add] a bright lip color, and it’ll look like you’re real glamorous.”

In one of our favorite looks of the night, 16-year-old singer Loren Gray, nominated for Choice Muser, showed up in a bold red dress that had everyone turning their heads!

Gray just dropped her debut hit single, which was inspired by a close friend, entitled “My Story.” The muser has high hopes for her music: “I feel like everyone could relate to it. It’s super preppy. It’s super fun.”

Aside from these female powerhouses, we spotted a few more of our favorite celebs!

When Khalid sent his LOCATION (yet again), he slayed our existence with his performance that night. Definitely felt like EIGHTEEN again when he rolled through the pink carpet.

We even captured the moment when 13 Reasons Why‘s very own Katherine Langford exchanged hugs with Riverdale’s Madelaine Petsch. Two of the biggest TV drama stars together on the carpet—the girl power is real!

It was such a wonderful night, and we can’t wait to see everyone again next year! 

Mikee is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and served as the HCUCLA President and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is a lover of all things pink, aesthetic, and good storytelling. In her spare time pre-pandemic, you would find her watching a good rom-com movie, going to Disneyland, exploring more of Los Angeles through coffee shops, brunch places, and events, or playing with her puppy, Snowie! During the pandemic, she enjoys graphic designing on her iPad (and watching even more rom-coms with Snowie). Currently, Mikee is bringing Disney+ moments to life through world-class campaigns at The Walt Disney Company and earning her Master's Degree in Communication Management at the University of Southern California (USC). Contact Mikee via email at mikeejoycelachica@gmail.com or visit her portfolio at http://mklchc.co
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.