Life > Academics

Canvas Wrapped: The Best Out Of Context Class Communications Of The Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Happy almost end of the quarter! Someone is still asking in the GroupMe where to find the syllabus. As we round out the calendar year, there’s a slight panic in the air with everyone scrambling to finish finals and gtfo of here. So, here are some of my favorite out-of-context discussion posts from my classes (and bonus GroupMes):

The Classic

“What exactly is a blue book?”

I feel like everyone has said the classic’s cousin as well as the “oh s**t, we needed a blue book?” At least they’re free now at the UCLA Store.

The Please Tell Me You Didn’t Actually Ask That

“What is it about other humans that makes it so farming them for meat would be wrong?” 

Does this one really need a response or???

The Person of the People

” 🤷‍♀️ “

Yes.

The Person Not Of The People

“Though I tend to look down on photography as an art form…”

If the devil’s advocate was from Greenwich, Connecticut and went to private school.

The ‘Oy Vey’

“It is not humans that create, cause, and maintain the order of human growth. We simply experience it, usually in awe.”

Cue *sigh*.

Honorable Mentions: GroupMe

“This is probably a dumb question, but where can I find the prompt :0”

It is. Don’t ask this.

“Just to make sure this is the right groupme chat, is this Spanish South America?”

It was not.

“What Did Everybody Else Get I Don’t Think I Deserved a 97?”

This person woke up and decided to be the most insufferable person anyone in that class has ever met. Don’t do this either. 

If anything, at least this can give you a bit of an ego boost going into finals. Unless you said one of the previous quotes. In that case, I’m so sorry, but you did this to yourself. This quarter has not disappointed discussion-post-wise, so hopefully the next will bring just as much ridiculousness.  

Leila is from New York City and is a second-year Statistics major at UCLA. When she's not looking for article ideas for HC UCLA, she can be found at the beach with a book or finding fun places around LA!