2532B8DF 5F39 4DF2 A192 B6E328C5B576JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
2532B8DF 5F39 4DF2 A192 B6E328C5B576JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Alyssa Bonchick

Beyond the Street Art Exhibit Hits Brooklyn, New York This June

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Beyond the Streets, the premier exhibition of graffiti, street art and beyond is coming to Brooklyn, New York on June 21st. Her Campus at UCLA got to attend an exclusive press preview to see the exhibit and understand that vandalism is now a contemporary art. The show, including 150 artists from around the world including Takashi Murakami and Shepard Fairey, visualizes what used to be a dangerous art form now developing into a true fine art.

The exhibit is curated by Rosie Perez, known best for starring in Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing. As a Brooklyn native, Rosie grew up in the movement and wanted to show off what these daring original streets artists can do.
Located at Twenty Five Kent, this indoor art exhibition takes over two floors and covers more than 100,000 square feet of space. The space is unbelievable, with tons of Instagram worthy spots and a great way to spend your night or a few hours of your day. Featuring a huge rose wall, a room made completely of cardboard and flashing neon signs you will find yourself taking pictures and getting lost in the breathtaking piece of art.

Original photo by Alyssa Bonchick
This exhibit really emphasizes the story of graffiti and expands it into a space and scope that legitimizes graffiti as a true art and form of expression.

Visit BEYONDTHESTREET.COM for tickets, hours and more information.

Alyssa is the Senior Editor of the UCLA Chapter of Her Campus. She is a 4th year Communication Studies major and Film, TV, and Media minor. In her free time, Alyssa loves working out, going to tons of concerts, and binging reality TV episodes. Contact Alyssa via email: alyssabonchick@me.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.