9 Reasons Kim Kardashian is a Good Role Model For Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As Kim Kardashian-West just turned 36th on October 21st, I wanted to take a moment and celebrate this big booty beauty. Although the reality TV star is no stranger to hate even from fellow celeberties, she defeintely is not given as much credit as she deserves. Here are 9 reasons why I think Kim K is a good role model for women.

1. Yes, I don’t live under a rock and I know Mrs. Kardashian-West has a sex tape. But what matters most is how after hitting rock bottom, she moved forward. We all make mistakes, and Kim shows us that we have to own our mistakes and what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

2. She represents interracial marriage and family structure.

3. She shows young girls that you don’t have to be 5’10 and 100 pounds to be beautiful. Kim embraces her curves and wears them well.

4. She is a businesswoman and a mom, proving to women that we really can have the best of both worlds. Check out all of her business in this Forbes article

5. She is a MILF. Kim proves that women don’t have to shiveral up and let themselves go once they become moms, but can still be hot and confident.

6. She loves and supports her family. Kim is always there for her sisters whenever they need her and honors her mother.

“At the end of the day, life is about being happy being who you are, and I feel like we are so blessed to have the support system and the best family to really just support each other no matter what we’re going through.”~ Kim Kardashian-West

7. She is a fashion icon. Kim expresses herself creatively through the way she dresses, showing young girls that it is cool to have your own style.

8. She stands up for herself. When Chloe Grace Moretz threw shade at her for posting a naked Instagram picture she tweeted, “Let’s all welcome @ChloeGMoretz to twitter, since no one knows who she is. your nylon cover is cute boo.” Good for you Kim!

9. She always supported Caitlyn Jenner through her transition. 

*All images are from Kim Kardashian’s Instagram 

Hannah Wren is an English major and Digital Humanities minor on the Dean's Honors List for outstanding academic performance at UCLA. Hannah loves to write and has ample writing experience outside of school. Currently, she works at 7 Generation Games where she creates content for their website to engage and inspire their users. When she is not writing or working, she enjoys spending time with her family, bonding with friends and reading. After she graduates college, Hannah hopes to become a UX designer, entertainment journalist and publish a novel.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.