cheetos?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
cheetos?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo courtesy of Food Network Kitchen

8 Galentine’s Treats to Impress Your Girlfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

In high school, my Valentine’s Eve consisted of staying up the whole night baking heart-shaped delicacies to surprise my family in the morning. Although I don’t have access to a kitchen suitable for my adventurous cooking endeavors, I know some people do! So, here are my favorite Galentine’s-inspired treats I’ve made over the years in order from easiest to most challenging:

Heart-Shaped Bacon

This is literally the easiest treat you can elevate to fit the theme. Another even easier option would be to spell out XOXO with the bacon!

Bacon
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Heart-Shaped Strawberry Skewers

These are also easy little decorations! I used to make long skewers of these alternated with chunks of pineapple.

Heart-Shaped Egg in a Hole

When done correctly, these can look amazing. However, I have never been able to pull it off successfully. When all else fails, though, you are left with a cute, heart-shaped toast that you cut out of the middle!

Eggs Egg Carton
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls

It took me a while to find a recipe for these that worked for me! Here is an easy store-bought version, and the from-scratch version I love. These are super impressive and don’t have to be difficult to make if you don’t want them to be.

Muffins Adorned With Hearts

These are pretty straightforward! The only part that takes a while is tediously cutting strawberries into individual heart shapes.

Spoon Csu-Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
Brook Buchan / Spoon
Heart-Shaped Cake

This is how to make your cakes heart-shaped without buying a new pan! It can be a little nerve-racking when making the cuts, but it is so worth it. Since I think of Galentine’s Day as a decadent, rich holiday, I think of my favorite chocolate cake recipe. Make some salted caramel and some buttercream to slather on that baby and that is a perfect Galentine’s cake.

Heart-Shaped Whoopie Pies

My mom went CRAZY for these! In Pennsylvania, there is a large Amish presence that specializes in whoopie pies. These are one of the more difficult things that I made because piping the shape and having them rise correctly in the oven is a little tricky. Sometimes I coated the cake in strawberry jam before putting the filling in.

Avocado Toast

Being in LA and all, it is hard to celebrate something without some avocado. Which is why I bring you Galentine’s Avo toast! With a little rose of smoked salmon, your girls will die at how cute these are.

Avocado
Sarah Silbiger / Spoon

Now, no matter your skill set, you have no excuse but to host the best-themed party of the month. It is no longer a Galentine’s day, it is a Galentine-SLAY.

Katy is a first year communications major at UCLA originally from Pennsylvania! She enjoys baking, Taylor Swift, and lifting :)