Culture > News

7 Of The Funniest Sitcom Episodes To Watch Because We Could All Use A Laugh Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s been a long week. With midterms season and the election, us college students have been struggling to catch a break. As a sitcom junkie, my favorite way to wind down after a hard day is with a good laughing session. If you need a laugh, mood booster or just a 20-minute escape, these are for you! Here are my top picks for the funniest sitcom episodes to watch (especially during stressful times):

The Office- Stress Relief Part 1 (Season 5, Episode 14)

Aside from being one of the funniest episodes in the entire series, is this not an episode all of 2020 in a nutshell? Or just this past week alone? What makes this episode great is the complete and utter chaos in the first scene. This is the perfect episode to watch during stressful times because it is guaranteed to get a laugh out of you. Check it out!

Where to Watch: Netflix

New Girl- Elaine’s Big Day (Season 2 Episode 25)

This is another highly chaotic, yet absolutely golden episode. Schmidt recruits Nick and Winston to help him ruin Cece’s wedding and profess his love for her. But, of course, when you put these three together, does anything ever go as planned? Added bonus: Taylor Swift appears in this episode!

Where to Watch: Netflix

Parks and Recreation: Flu Season (Season 3 Episode 2)

It’s flu season, and everyone copes with being sick differently. Chris has an especially difficult time managing the flu, and it’s truly hilarious to watch. (This episode hits different during the COVID-19 pandemic).

Where to Watch: NBC Peacock 

The Good Place: The Burrito (Season 2 Episode 11)

2 words: Maya. Rudolph. After just barely escaping the Bad Place, the gang is shuttled into the Judge’s chamber, where they encounter a burrito, and best of all, the Judge. This show is overall hilarious, but the addition of Maya Rudolph is icing on the cake. Check it out!

Where to Watch: Netflix

New Girl: Background Check (Season 4 Episode 2)

New Girl is just too good to only put one episode in. In this episode, Winston is set to receive a visit from the LAPD for his background check, and Jess decides that it’s a proper time to announce that she’s in possession of meth. The loft then frantically tries to hide the drugs while Winston tries to maintain his cool in front of the officer. Every character comes together to make this episode a truly special one full of great laughs!

Where to Watch: Netflix

Parks and Recreation: Hunting Season (Season 2 Episode 10)

In this classic favorite, the team goes on a hunting trip and- as always happens in sitcoms- it doesn’t end well. Ron gets shot in the head, and the rest is just chaos.

Where to Watch: NBC Peacock

The Office: Fun Run (Season 4 Episode 1)

This is my all-time favorite episode of the office. Every character really gets their time to shine in this episode, and I am here for it. In this hour-long episode, Michael hits Meredith with his car, Meredith learns she has rabies, Michael believes the office is cursed, we learn that Creed has been in a cult and so much more. We also get the classic Michael line: “I’m not superstitious, but I’m a little stitious.”

Where to Watch: Netflix

There’s nothing like a good sitcom to brighten up your day. Check these episodes out and I guarantee you’re going to laugh. Enjoy!

Isis is a second year (pre) Human Biology and Society major at UCLA and she is thrilled to be a Feature Writer for the Her Campus team! In her spare time you can find her at the beach, singing, playing the piano/ukulele, reading or taking long, long naps.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.