Grace Wethor
Grace Wethor
Allison Park
Career

6 Top Essentials Every Intern Needs on Hand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Planning out your first-ever spring or summer internship for the 2020 year? You have come to the right place. Listed below are the essentials every intern needs no matter what internship they have: 

Tote Bag

You know you have reached adulthood when you are on the hunt for a professional tote bag. When searching for a tote, it is important that you find one that can carry a large load and has multiple compartments. You never know how many large items you may need to carry to and from your work setting! Therefore, a durable, heavy-duty tote is a must. Go for functionality rather than how “cute” it may be. Also, choosing a colored bag that will go with most of your outfits is extremely helpful, as it can complete your look.

Facial Spray

No matter if you are meeting lots of people in your internship or you have a smaller work-space, looking presentable and at your best is one of the many key factors in being respected and performing your best. Using a facial spray like this Trader Joe’s Rose Water Facial Toner will keep your skin fresh and hydrated and leave you smelling like hints of rose. It is also a good “wake me up” in the middle of the day.

Oil Blotting Sheets

There’s no such thing as too much skincare! Oil blotting sheets are essential for my everyday routine. Press and pat into your face midday to quickly mattify your makeup and not have it look like it is running.

Hydroflask

Most office spaces provide a water filter or vending machine for beverages. Ditch the plastic cups and bottles and use a reusable water flask in order to reduce your waste! A Hydroflask will have you 1) drinking more water and 2) saving the environment one sip at a time.

Chargers

Picture this: Your iPhone and laptop are dead and there is no outlet around you. How tragic? It is always better to be prepared with all of your chargers PLUS a battery pack that you can travel around with. Battery packs have been a lifesaver for me when I need a quick charge.

Comfortable Shoes

No matter your work setting, you want to be comfortable at all times. From running around completing errands to sitting at the desk, you want to be prepared and comfortable for any task at hand. I know how badly we want to wear those black heeled booties, but remember that we can have both comfort and fashion with a go-to pair of sneakers.

What are some of your internship essentials? Let us know by tagging @hercampusucla on Instagram!

Rebecca (also goes by Bec and Becca) is an English major at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and an Assistant Editorial Director and writer for HC at UCLA. In her free time, she loves a strong oat milk latte at a local LA coffee shop, catching the sunset at the beach and hunting for the perfect breakfast burrito.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.