samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

5 Skincare Items To Help Your Skin During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s THAT time of the year for your skin. 

Because of time constraints and stress, we tend to overlook the importance of taking care of our skin during a period as busy as this. From a simple zit to a full blown breakout, I’ve curated some products that could very well help your skin in this time of need. Tried and tested by yours truly.

Editorial note: I have combination/oily skin.

1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Not kidding when I say that this stuff dries out your zits overnight—try it yourself! This is a holy grail product in my skin care routine, and I cannot live without it. It helps keeps my past, present and even future zits in control. Celebrities like Kylie Jenner, Bella Hadid, Lili Reinhart, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley swear by this $17 product as well. How to use: Before bedtime, apply over affected areas with a Q-tip and let dry. Wash it off when you cleanse the next morning. (I like to follow up with a rosewater facial spray, and Mario Badescu has one too!)

2. Bioderma Sensibio H2O

More than just a make-up remover, this gentle but effective micellar water works as a toner as well. I like to use this after I wash my face to double-cleanse, and it works like a charm by removing any extra layer of dirt. This works on sensitive skin as well, which is always a plus! How to use: Use in the morning and night after cleansing. Soak a cotton pad and apply in upwards motion all over the face.

3. Pixi Glow Tonic 

An award-winning toner, the alcohol-free Pixi Glow Tonic contains ingredients like Glycolic Acid, Aloe Vera and Ginseng—all to keep your skin in check. When I first started using this, I experienced minimal burning, of which I got eventually used to. My skin started to glow after repeated use. How do you say no to that? How to use: Use gently in the morning and night after cleansing. Soak a cotton pad and once again, apply in upwards motion all over the face. Be sure to moisturize after, as acids can sometimes dry your skin out.

4. GLAMGLOW Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

This is my favorite. Mask. Ever. I can see an immediate difference to my skin every time I use this. My skin looks rejuvenated, feels so incredibly smooth and looks brighter. It was almost hard to believe when I used it for the first time. You can bet that I will forever be buying and recommending this mask. If the full-size option is too expensive for you, they offer a smaller size too, and it actually lasts. How to use: Apply twice a week or however much you desire. Feel free to apply this to your neck as well. To remove, wash face gently with water.

5. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

I know what you’re thinking—especially if you’re lazy like me—but I can tell you this product isn’t extra. I know the idea of a cleansing balm may not appeal to all, as it may seem like a hassle, but this. cleansing. balm. is a life changer. It literally takes the entire day’s worth of makeup off in one step. It’s so gentle, yet effective. Regardless if you have oily, dry or combination skin, this can be used by everyone and will not be too greasy or harsh on your skin.

Now you can go into midterms and slay with good skin! Good luck!

Clara Chan is a Feature Writer of the UCLA Chapter of Her Campus. A Singapore native, Clara is a 3rd year Communication Studies major with a special emphasis in Film, TV, and Digital Media. When Clara isn't sipping on hot chocolate, she loves to rewatch The Office, create Spotify playlists, and read about the latest news in pop culture.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.