galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

5 Pinterest-Worthy Holiday Cocktails

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m dreaming of a Christmas filled with festive cocktails. From Nutcracker-inspired espresso martinis to classic eggnog, these five cocktail recipes will certainly get you in the holiday mood. Not to mention, they’re so picturesque they’ll look like they walked straight off your Pinterest board and into your kitchen.

The Nutcracker Martini

This just might be one of the most delicious cocktails I’ve ever tasted. If you’re a coffee enthusiast with any hint of a sweet tooth, I highly recommend the Nutcracker Martini. It quite literally tastes like a boozy, Reese’s peanut butter cup-flavored coffee.

Homemade eggnog

Eggnog is certainly a nostalgic holiday drink for many of us, associated with cozy winter nights with family and friends. But did you know that eggnog was likely originally an alcoholic beverage? This boozy eggnog recipe gives an adult twist on the classic childhood favorite and it’s a must-try.

@notjustabartender

Tis’ the season to make quality, homemade eggnog—and if you have a blender, it’s almost too easy.​
​
For full transparency, I’ve adapted this recipe from the nearly famous Jeffrey Morganthaler spec to include brandy instead—St-Rémy Signature from @stremybrandy to be exact.​ ​ This particular brandy features a unique double maturation process that creates a profile with aromas of vanilla and honey, and palate loaded with gingerbread, figs, and nuts—making it an insanely perfect choice to use in an eggnog recipe.​ ​ To accentuate the brandy, I chose to use an amontillado sherry to double down on the nutty and stone fruit flavors.​ ​ This is a hug in a glass.​
EGG NOG
Yield ~ 1.2 liters, or 8 (5oz | 150ml) portions 4 eggs .75 cup granulated cane sugar 1 cup heavy cream 1.5 whole milk .5 cup amontillado sherry .75 cup St-Rémy Signature Brandy Shaved nutmeg & cinnamon to taste Combine eggs into a blender, set on low to start beating the eggs. Slowly blend in the sugar, cream, milk, sherry, brandy, and spices. Transfer into a large sealable container and store in the fridge. Serve in chilled glasses, garnished with freshly shaved nutmeg.

♬ Christmas Is Coming – DM Production
Sugar Cookie Martini

I’m absolutely obsessed with sugar cookies, whether they be the classic Christmas-shaped treats fresh from the oven or Starbucks’ Sugar Cookie Latte. This adorable festive drink is perfect for my fellow enjoyers of a sweet treat with a kick.

Santa Clausmopolitan

This merry beverage is a fun twist on the classy, sexy Cosmopolitan. Ideal for those with a little less of a sweet tooth, this cocktail is still super festive and certainly aesthetically reminiscent of Christmas’ iconic big red man.

Gingerbread Martini

Presentation-wise, the Gingerbread Martini just might be the most Instagram story-worthy of these five cocktails. Featuring an adorable little gingerbread man as a garnish, this festive drink is both aesthetically pleasing and totally delectable.

There you have it! Five drinks that will get you both feeling festive and excited to share on social media. From original drinks like the Nutcracker Martini to classic alcoholic eggnog, hopefully, you’ll have your bases covered on drinks for the holidays.

Kylee is a fourth-year at UCLA double-majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Her poems have been published in Train River Poetry, The Mandarin, Open Ceilings, and our very own Westwind (among others). She also writes feature articles for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time, she acts, drinks way too much coffee, romanticizes everything, and buys more books than she can keep up with.