5 Halloween Date Ideas That You and Your Boo Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Happy Halloween, Booins. We’ve finally made it to one of the most anticipated festivities of the year. Now’s the time to relieve yourself from the stress of midterms and enjoy the spooky season with your significant other. Scrambling for date ideas? No problem. I got you covered with these five fun activities.

Go to a pumpkin patch

A classic spooky season date. Take your loved one to a pumpkin patch and have some joyful fun that’s reminiscent of your childhood days. Pumpkin picking is the main attraction here, and it’s a lot of fun choosing the best-looking pumpkins to decorate. At the end of the night, you’ll both have something to take home to remind you of the time you spent together. Pumpkin patches also have other activities including corn hole, mazes and even petting zoos. Check out Mr. Jack O’ Lantern’s Pumpkin Patch in Santa Monica for something close to home.

Watch a spooky movie

Rather stay in this Halloween? No worries. Streaming services from Netflix to HBO Max have a wealth of Halloween movies for you and your loved one to enjoy. If you’re a horror fanatic, you might want to check out some of the newer releases like Malignant or Old. Maybe you’re a bit of a scaredy-cat. No shame in that. Try some of the more fun Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus or The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Visit a Halloween store

If you and your date find yourself wandering in Westwood, check out the Spirit Halloween store, which is open until November 2. Even if you go in with no intentions of buying anything, it can be a lot of fun to browse the selection of Halloween apparel and decorations with your date. The two of you can try on some funny masks, play with the animatronics, or even talk about getting a couples costume.

Bake some fall goods

Here’s another activity for the couples who just want to chill at home. Baking is a fun way to celebrate Halloween and to create something special with your significant other. From pumpkin snickerdoodles to apple pie, there are so many recipes for you and your boo to try out. If you don’t know where to start, I suggest using Pinterest, which has a variety of fun recipes for both the novice and expert baker. Even if you end up just baking a simple batch of cookies, the process of working with your partner to create something is a rewarding experience in and of itself.

go to an amusement park

If you’re willing to splurge a little, I suggest going to an amusement park before the Halloween season ends. A lot of the amusement parks in California are celebrating the spooky season with special decorations and attractions for guests to enjoy. Whether you go somewhere more wholesome like Disneyland or somewhere more intense like Universal Studio’s Halloween Horror Nights, going to an amusement park can be a great bonding experience for you and your significant other. Even if you get spooked throughout the night, you’ll at least have your partner to hold onto.

Halloween is the perfect opportunity to take a momentary break from your responsibilities and just have some fun. Enjoy the festivities of the season, and make it more special by spending it with your significant other.

Louise is a junior double majoring in English and Economics. She loves reading contemporary fiction and making Spotify playlists.