5 Easy & Homemade Halloween Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s scary good. Every year I host a Halloween get together (this year’s theme is twerk or treat) I spend a solid day planning, making and baking Halloween themed treats. As I was planning on how many bags of candy corn and flour I needed , I began to think of my time in the dorms. One year, I had my friends running up and down the floor three flights of stairs to use someone’s contraband hot plate. So this year I want to share some of the easier yet still incredibly delicious snacks that fit the season’s holiday.

Sugary Sweets

Halloween = Candy!

Whatever occasion you’re making these snacks for, sugar is key… to stick with the season’s theme of course! These sugary treats are sure to keep you up at night and then you can party or trick-or-treat all night.

1.) Homemade Rice Krispies

Possibly one of the easiest desserts to make and it sounds really impressive. A’ll you’ll need is a box of Rice Krispie cereal, and mini marshmallows. Once you’ve made the sticky sweet, you can mold it to whatever spooky shape you’d like!

2.) Monstrous Munchies

Another crowd pleaser is legitimately a giant bowl of cookie dough. To make this fit the Halloween theme add items such as candy eyes, and orange or red M&Ms. To eat simply use a spoon or scoop it up with crackers or those weird holiday oreos….

3.) The Low Effort

With Midterms around the corner , sometimes it’s hard to prepare some of these more tme intensive snacks. In that case try these low effort snacks, it’s as easy as sticking a pretzel stick through a peanut butter cup.

Don’t feel like “cooking” making your holiday treats can be as easy as wrapping a napkin around a lollipop

Healthy  Eats

While I confess that I have a sweet tooth, some of us can’t consume some of these dishes due to dietary restrictions. In this case these healthy halloween sacks are both cute and scrumptious

4.) The Low Effort Part Two.

Similar to it’s candy brother, this snack just needs some cheese and a pretzel stick! A perfect snack for studying for those terrifying Midterns,

Want something even easier to make? All you’ll need is a sharpie and some fruit!

5.) Sweet and Simple

This dessert is the perfect balance of healthy and holiday.

Enjoy your spooktacular treats!

Photos courtesy of Pinterest.com

Helen Zapata is a sophomore majoring in English at UCLA. Beyond writing she loves crafting, gardening, planning elaborate birthday parties and reading bad romance novels.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.