This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Whether or not you’re in a relationship, taking time to celebrate yourself and pay attention to your individual needs is vital to staying happy and healthy! While you should always remember to take care of yourself, there’s no better time to say “I love you” to your body on the day of love.

1. Cook yourself a nice meal

Whether it’s your favorite food since birth or a brand new recipe, the feeling of cooking something for yourself and having it actually taste good is amazing. And the food just tastes that much better when you put the work in yourself. Don’t worry about having to wash all the dishes right after, either: that’s a future-you problem.

2. Do something outdoors

Depending on how the weather is where you live, a nice walk, meditation session at the beach, or lunch at the park is a peaceful way to take some time for yourself and enjoying the world around you. A few deep breaths can make a huge difference in your state of mind and rejuvenate you for the week ahead.

3. Buy yourself a guilty pleasure gift

This doesn’t necessarily mean splurge on a designer jacket or an Apple Watch (unless you really want to, then go for it girl). If you’ve been eying a cute pair of sunglasses, or been wanting some funny socks, just go for it- $12 won’t wreck your bank account. Even though you probably don’t need them, you deserve to have a little fun! If you’re going to buy an overpriced latte at the trendy coffee shop you’ve always wanted to try, today is the day!

4. Engage in self care

This means something different for everyone, but taking some time to focus on your mental and physical health can do wonders for your outlook and improve your mood. Doodling, journaling, meditating, painting your nails, not leaving your bed all day… just do whatever makes you feel happy and relaxed.

Photos courtesy of IAmRu, One Green Planet, Edd Turtle on Flickr, and Thought Catalog (respectively).

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.