Your Ultimate Senior Year Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Heading into your last year of college is scary and exciting. Here are 20 things you have to try before you graduate!

1. Take photos with every single person in your college squad.

Coordinating all your schedules might be difficult, but the pictures will make for awesome memories when you no longer live within fifteen minutes of each other. 

2. Get a selfie with your mascot.

If you haven’t done this yet you’ve been slacking in the school spirit department, but there’s still time to make it happen!

3. Get perfect grades.

Senioritis is real, so don’t let it kill your GPA this close to the finish line!

4. Travel!

After graduation, your schedule is unlikely to have convenient breaks built in every few months. Take advantage of your time off and plan trips you’ll never forget. 

5. Establish healthy habits now.

Use your school’s gym, try going vegan or vegetarian, and stop relying on takeout. 

6. Host a party!

Next year your friends may not even live in the same state as you, so celebrate together while you still can. 

7. Jump in your school’s fountain.

If your school lacks a water feature you’ll have to transfer, sorry.  

8. Clear out your wardrobe.

Your adorable tailgate season outfits are about to have their last hurrah. Go through your stuff and see what you can sell, pass down to friends, donate, or toss. Your post grad closet has no room for frat tanks and a million free school T-shirts.

9. “Accidentally” lose your student ID.

Yay for 4 more years of discounts and freebies! Feel free to debate the ethics of this, but who among us can resist a 15% student discount?

10. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Your civic duty started at eighteen, but it’s never too late to take a stand and cast a ballot. Research candidates and get yourself to the polls!

11. Become a morning person!

*horrified gasp* Say goodbye to your leisurely late mornings. While you may have been able to ensure all your classes start at noon for the past few years, the real world tends to start at 9:00 AM.

12. Make time to read books you actually enjoy.

No one is going to force you to pick up a book after graduation, but that’s not an excuse to stop reading altogether! Make an effort to find books and authors you love.

13. Take an elective you have always wondered about.

…astronomy, art, Harry Potter studies, wine tasting, underwater basket weaving or any other class that piques your interest. Take advantage of all that your university has to offer while you still can!

14. Volunteer!

Find causes that you feel passionate about and focus on the good you can do. Volunteering gives you a chance to make a difference and try out new skills. 

15. Take on leadership roles.

The organizations that have shaped your college experience need passionate people to lead and run meetings. Give back to the clubs that helped you meet all your amazing friends.

16. Update your resume.

Get rid of those high school accomplishments. Now you can highlight your degree, work experience, and those campus leadership roles!

17. Thank your teachers.

If you have any professors that have made an impact on your life, tell them! They will be thrilled to know that they have helped you in some way and they can be awesome references in the future. 

18. Decorate your grad cap!

Stand out in the sea of graduates with a customized grad cap. It will be perfect for photos and it will help your family find you in the crowd.

19. Graduate!

Hold your head up high as you walk across the stage and take plenty of photos! 

20. Write about it!

Apply here to write for Her Campus UCF. 

Header: 1

Photo credits: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rachel is a currently a senior at UCF studying English. She is the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Her Campus UCF. She loves to travel, is obsessed with her dog, and is forever in search of the perfect pink wine. When she is not writing fun articles you can usually find her spending too much money at Target or hiding in a good book. If you want to follow her on social media you can find her on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
UCF Contributor