This Weekend in Orlando: EDC, Homecoming and more!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you thought all the buzz around Orlando would die down now that Halloween weekend has come to an end, think again! You’ve got another action packed weekend coming for you.

Friday, November 8th: 

Orlando Magic vs. Boston Celtics – 7pm at the Amway Center: For all you basketball fans, this one is a no brainer! If you’re into a chill atmosphere and tasty beer, walk over to Tap & Grind on Central after the game to celebrate our team’s victory. Prices vary.

Downtown Orlando Fashion Week: Visit the DOFW website for a complete schedule and ticket prices. But do so quickly! Saturday will wrap up this week long event.

Casselberry Art & Music in the Park: This may not be our neighbor, but it certainly is right around the corner! This event is held every second Friday of the month, so if you miss out this time you can always try again in December. Enjoy live music, art, and don’t forget about the food. You know the gig by now. Free to the public.

Casselberry Craft Beer and Blues Festival – 5pm to 9pm at Lake Concord Park: This will be held in conjunction to Art & Music in the Park. The Jeff Howell Blues Band will be kicking off this event, followed by some shopping, cold brews, and 14 gourmet food trucks all for you! Free to the public.

Saturday, November 9th:

Acme’s Die-Cast Fest Event – 10am to 6pm at Acme’s Comics Card & Collectibles: Activities that your whole family could enjoy! Here you’ll find raffles, car contests, seminars, and more. $4-5 admission.

Veteran’s Day Parade – 11am to 1pm: March around downtown Orlando and say thank you in honor of the holiday! Free to the public.

Electric Daisy Carnival – 1pm to 12am at the Tinker Field: Alright, this one is a little on the pricy side, but it’s EDC guys! Make sure to read this ultimate guide to EDC before you go. $167 for two-day general admission.

Braids and Hundred Waters – 7pm at the Social: If you’re looking into spending your night listening to good music but don’t want to pay for an EDC ticket, head over to the Social for an awesome show. $12 per ticket.

UCF Knights vs. Houston Cougars – 7pm to 12am at the Brighthouse Network Stadium: Get your sports fix on again this Saturday! $15-65 per ticket.

Sunday, November 10th:

Go back to Electric Daisy Carnival, obviously.

Lake Eola Farmers Market – 10am to 4pm: Due to Fiesta in the Park last Sunday, the Lake Eola Farmers Market was closed. Double your dosage to make out for what you missed last week! If you want to spice things up, try the Jamaican patties that they have for sale. They’re delicious! Free to the public.

College Park Farmers Market – 11am to 3pm: Pick up some produce, support your local vendors, or just stop by to see what’s happening over in College Park. Free to the public.

My Neighbor Totoro – 12pm at the Enzian: Grab a date or go solo! This is place is a treat even by yourself. $5 per ticket.

Cinema Circle – 1:30pm at the Winter Park Public Library: Apparently the theme for this Sunday is movies and farmers market! Check out a few documentaries and featured films that are playing this afternoon. Free to the public.

Food Truck Bazaar – 6pm to 9pm at the Fashion Square Mall: Because who really wants to cook dinner on a Sunday evening? Free to the public.

UCF Contributor