Universal Orlando Has Announced Their 2023 Mardi Gras Concert Lineup And I’m Unwell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The annual Mardi Gras Festival has returned to Universal Studios Orlando, and with it comes a brand new line-up of artists to amp up the high-energy carnival. Starting in the spring of 1995, Universal Studios Orlando began celebrating the traditional New Orleans party, and ever since, every year park-goers experience spectacular parade floats, live entertainment, global culinary creations, and top-of-the-line musical performances. 

This year is no different, with a lineup of some of the biggest names in the industry including WILLOW and Maren Morris performing on the main Music Plaza stage. Best of all, concerts are included with your ticket for the day.

Patti Labelle

Kicking off the festivities is Patti LaBelle, the “Godmother of Soul,” on Feb. 4. Labelle, an R&B legend who has performed since the 1960s, has notable hits like “On My Own” and “Love, Need and Want You.”

JVKE

Singer, songwriter, and music producer JVKE will perform on Feb. 10. The young artist first gained popularity over TikTok when his song, “this is what falling in love feels like,” and his newest hit “Golden Hour,” reached the Billboard Top 10.

Goo Goo Dolls

Right after the Gen Z-aimed performance of JVKE comes the millennial band Goo Goo Dolls. Throughout the 90s and early 2000s, the Goo Goo Dolls were the peak of rock music, with hits like “Iris” and “Name” becoming radio staples. They’ll perform on Saturday, Feb. 11. 

Maren Morris

Grammy award winner, singer, and songwriter Maren Morris will perform the following weekend. Morris blends pop, hip-hop, and R&B with her country music style, with her hits “My Church” and “The Bones” reaching the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Morris will perform on Saturday, Feb. 18.

Willow

The daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith has made her way through the rock and indie genres, with songs like “Wait a Minute!,” “Transparent Soul,” and “Meet Me At Our Spot” becoming instant radio and internet hits. WILLOW will perform on Sunday, Feb. 19. 

Three Doors Down

This multi-platinum rock band is another millennial favorite, with hit songs like “Kryptonite,” “Loser,” and “Here Without You.”  Three Doors Down will perform the following week, rocking the stage Saturday, Feb. 25.

Sean Paul

Sean Paul is an icon in the dancehall and reggae genres, with notable genre-mixing hits like “Get Busy” and “Temperature,” which spent 17 weeks in the Billboard Top 10. Sean Paul hits the floor on Saturday, March 4.

Lauren Daigle

Wrapping up the festivities is New Orleans native and two-time Grammy award winner Lauren Daigle. Lauren’s unique Cajun sound and style belong at Mardi Gras, as do her hits “You Say” and “Trust in You.” Lauren Daigle serves up the finale on Sunday, March 5. 

The Universal Studios Mardi Gras Carnival brings a little bit of the classic bayou party down to Orlando, giving guests a unique experience with great food and greater music! Mardi Gras starts this spring from Feb. 4 through April 16.

Amanda is a freshman studying at the University of Central Florida, but is originally from Miami and is half-Cuban, half-Costa Rican. She is pursuing a double-major in Political Science (Pre-Law) and English Literature. When her nose isn't stuck in a book, you can find her listening to music, playing with her dogs, or going on a nature walk.