This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

UCF is football. Going undefeated last year and beating Auburn shows that our team is much better than what anyone else could have ever predicted. As UCF continues on holding the second-longest winning streak the nation has ever seen you may be wondering how is every other school doing? Why haven’t you heard much about other Florida football schools? Where did Auburn go? Luckily for you, you don’t even have to watch one single game to find out.

Get HEUPED!

University of Nebraska 

To debunk the theory that our beloved Coach Frost is the reason UCF remained undefeated last year let’s start with checking in on how Nebraska is doing. In their very first game of the season, Nebraska surprisingly lost to Colorado (33-28). Coach Frost responded with the reason they lost was simply because you can’t predict every possibility when you’re just running plays at practice—real-life games can become very unpredictable, very fast. This seemed reasonable until shortly after Nebraska lost again to Troy University (24-19) and then to Michigan (56-10). Yikes! This a huge shock because Frost seemed to of easily lead UCF to victory after victory, and just like that, Nebraska can’t even win one single game this year.

Auburn

Auburn? You mean the team that beat Alabama, but lost to UCF last year? Don’t worry we’ll try to keep this update short and sweet. From being angry at having to play such an “easy” team (UCF) last year they really seem to have quieted down ever since. Well, to keep you UCF fans updated, they were undefeated until last week when they lost to LSU by One. Single. Point (22-21). Better luck next time, Auburn. 

Florida State University and University of Florida

Now, you may be wondering why I’m putting the two major FL football colleges into one category and to be frank, it’s because neither one is even ranked in the top 25 (possibly the top 50). UF has won two games and lost one to Kentucky (27-16), while FSU has lost two games and won one against Samford (36-26). You may think that’s not too bad (and it isn’t), but if you watched these games, you couldn’t even count all the simple mistakes, fumbles, and just absolutely cringe-worthy plays that have taken place. In fact, FSU nearly lost to Samford—a school they’ve been beating for 30 years in a row—because they played so poorly. I truly thought Samford was going to win. FSU playing Miami and UF having to play LSU should be very interesting games to watch. 

University of Alabama

Many UCF students are constantly chanting ‘We Want Bama!’, but does UCF really? Last year Alabama did lose to Auburn, but what a lot of people don’t know is Alabama was almost completely on their third string of players because so many were already injured that season. In fact, that was their least prepared game out of the whole season and it was the only game they lost. Also, Alabama did win the National Championship last year for beating Georgia and are strongly undefeated this year. However, their undefeated streak could easily change by any school this year, even UCF.

University of Central Florida

Lastly, let’s talk about how UCF went undefeated last season and beat Auburn without a hint of intimidation. It was one of the most groundbreaking college football games in all of 2017, shortly after UCF started to claim to be the true ‘National Champions’. In response to this, people said many things like UCF got lucky or even that it was all because of Coach Frost. This all might of been true at the time, however, this year UCF has not stopped their undefeated streak as they beat UCONN (56-17), South Carolina (38-0), and even FA… who? Oh, right—FAU by a whopping 56-36! Now UCF is the #13 football team in the nation and the #1 football team in Florida! With this all in mind, I think it’s safe to say that UCF is no longer reliant on luck or coaches, but perhaps pure talent! Perhaps they do deserve to be National Champs? Only time will tell as UCF takes on Pittsburgh next week—who keep in mind, crushed Miami’s 10 game winning streak last year. This is already an all-around amazing year of football, so be sure to tune in and Charge On!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sofi is currently the Director of Marketing & Publicity here at Her Campus UCF & is majoring in the College of Business Marketing program with a minor in Psychology. While focusing on school she is also a Sales Development Representative for Statusphere. She is obsessed with all things yellow, reading, Pink Floyd, It's Always Sunny in Philly and her orange cat Garfield! Her plans after graduation are still undetermined, as a variety of completely different things spark her interest! You can keep up with her Instagram @sofi.shirey.