This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Breakups are a normal part of life. When going through a breakup, many struggle to find the perfect song to play on repeat that describes exactly how they are feeling. Have no fear, Taylor Swift to the rescue! Taylor has songs covering a broad range of topics, the most well known being about breakups and relationships in general. Check out this list for some of her best breakup songs for every stage of your heartbreak.

Denial

1. Come in With the Rain

• Key lyric: “I’ll leave my window open, ‘cause I’m too tired at night to call your name. Just know I’m right here hoping that you’ll come in with the rain.”

2. Haunted

• Key lyric: “Something keeps me holding onto nothing.”

3. Forever and Always

• Key lyric: “And I stare at the phone, he still hasn’t called…and you flashback to when he said forever and always.”

Anger

1. You’re Not Sorry

• Key lyric: “You don’t have to call anymore, I won’t pick up the phone, this is the last straw…”

2. Picture to Burn

• Key lyric: “So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time. As far as I’m concerned, you’re just another picture to burn.”

3. Cold as You

• Key lyric: “So I start a fight because I need to feel something. And you do what you want ‘cause I’m not what you wanted. ”

Bargaining

1. Come Back…Be Here

• Key lyric: “I don’t want to miss you like this…Come back, be here.”

2. I Wish You Would

• Key lyric: “I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore.”

3. Back to December

• Key lyric: “Wishing I’d realized what I had when you were mine. I’d go back to December, turn around and make it alright”

Depression

1. Last Kiss

• Key lyric: “You can plan for a change in the weather and time, but I never planned on you changing your mind.”

2. All Too Well

• Key lyric: “You call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest.”

3. If This Was a Movie

• Key lyric: “I know that we could work it out somehow. But if this was a movie, you’d be here by now. “

Acceptance

1. Clean

• Key lyric: “Gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean.”

2. Begin Again

• Key lyric: “I’ve been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end. But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again.”

3. White Horse

• Key lyric: “I’m not your princess. This ain’t a fairytale. I’m going to find someone someday who might actually treat me well.”

Note: Taylor writes about many things other than breakup songs. I know this article only showcases breakup-related songs, but she is a talented musician beyond what this article highlights. Listen to the rest of her music and I’m sure you’ll find something else you love!

Images: Hero, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lauren is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is pursuing a Legal Studies major and a Sociology minor. Her career goal is to be a guardian ad litem attorney for children in the foster care system. When she isn't blasting her music (Taylor Swift and Jake Miller primarly), you can find her bingewatching Shane Dawson Youtube videos or eating way too many french fries. She has 3 dogs who she loves with all her heart. She loves to volunteer with kids and animals. Her favorite (non domesticated) animal is a panda bear, her favorite colors are pink and blue, and she is pretty sure she's the next Disney princess. She's very politically involved and loves writing. Feel free to keep up with her on social media!
UCF Contributor