Animal kingdom
Animal kingdom
Aubree Ann Williams

Spring Break, but Make It a Staycation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With flights cheap to Florida and admission to theme parks for Florida residents even cheaper, it seemed like a no-brainer to turn spring break into a staycation to remember. 

Living in Orlando usually means avoiding the tourist trap as much as possible, and as someone who had never been to Animal Kingdom, before I knew I wanted to experience everything everyone always talks about alongside my best friend. 

Our first stop:

Animal kingdom
Aubree Ann Williams

Couldn’t pass up the Tree of Life for pictures.

Simba and girl
Aubree Ann Williams

Or leave behind this adorable Simba Popcorn Bucket!

Of course, we didn’t leave behind the staple rides at Animal Kingdom. My first time on Expedition Everest ended up being my favorite rollercoaster, but Flight of Passage was absolutely worth the long line. 

Next, our staycation took us to Universal’s Volcano Bay for some tropical fun!

Volcano bay
Aubree Ann Williams

I definitely recommend waiting for Krakatau Aqua Coaster. And if you want to brave a 70-degree trap-door drop from the top of the volcano, make sure to hop onto Ko’okiri Body Plunge…a huge adrenaline rush for sure. 

Volcano bay
Aubree Ann Williams

Last, it was time to unwind on the beach and catch some rays for our final days of break…with matching shirts from Ron Jon…duh. 

Beach
Aubree Ann Williams
First spring break of college complete with lots of new memories made & park food eaten…now it’s time to start the countdown to next year! 

Hello ladies! My name is Aubree Williams from the HerUCF team in Orlando Florida but I am originally from PA! I am a freshman Acting major here at UCF and cannot wait to get started working with HerCampus! In my free time you can catch me fixing up my instagram feed, shopping at TJ Maxx or being involved in the arts in some way.
UCF Contributor