Sonali Prabhu: Managing YouTube, Academics, and a Social Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s been almost 3 years since we first talked to Sonali Prabhu, and a lot has changed. October of 2015 was a long time ago, and Sonali’s life and work have changed a lot over those years, so we decided to sit down with her and update her HC profile. Be sure to read our first interview with her by clicking here!

Sonali is a now a senior majoring in Radio/Television at the University of Central Florida and beyond her exciting academic life, she also has a YouTube channel, a blog, and a strong social media presence. She has videos with over than 38,000 views and just partnered with UCF for an amazing social media campaign to promote the university. 

Now that she’s been at UCF for more than three years, she is happy to say that her college life is currently amazing. “Being a senior, I have finally found my people and my niches that make me excited to get up every morning!” But it hasn’t always been like this. In her freshman year, she struggled with the process of moving into college, and to a different state (she is originally from Georgia). But she soon learned that getting involved was the best thing to do to make the most of her college experience.

Sonali says that she has learned to be a very organized person over the years. The busy schedule of her social life, school, work, and her sorority obligations forced her to learn time management skills. She also says that over these past three years, she was finally able to find the perfect type of content for her channel that fits her lifestyle and her passion:

“I still love makeup and fashion, but I have found a new love for giving advice to my peers when it comes to college, Greek life, or just showing my subscribers my everyday life!

Now that she is stepping into her last year as a college student, she will be trying to put as many videos of her experience as she can. In doing so, her subscribers will be able to come along with her in the journey of stepping into the real world!

Sonali’s followers were also able to experience her partnership with the UCF communications team, with whom she made an amazing video about the university that you can watch here. This opportunity opened the door for Sonali to became the first host of “Days & Knights: UCF’s Insta Scoop,” a bi-weekly Instagram Story series for the university. This partnership helped her to grow her YouTube channel and experience different aspects of the media. 

Sonali is close to graduating, so I asked her what she is expecting for the future. Here’s what she answered:

I honestly have no idea. I get so overwhelmed sometimes because my parents ask me this every week. I am hoping to get a job in digital media possibly, but I guess we will find out in a year or so!”

As a subscriber and a follower of her work, I am very excited to see what the future holds for her personal life and her channel. Make sure to follow her on social media to keep up:

Instagram: @so_narly 

Twitter: @so_narly 

YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/user/SoNarlyPrabhu

Blogwww.sonarlylife.com

Snapchat: @sonali_prabhu

All images provided by Sonali Prabhu.

Julia is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida. Her major is Advertising - Public Relations. Julia was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and this is her first year in the U.S. She loves experiencing new things and exploring the world around her.
UCF Contributor