Campus Celeb: Sonali Prabhu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

She’s got almost 6K followers on the Insta, her eye shadow is always on point, and she may or may not be poppin tags on the YouTubes (she is). Sonali really is so-gnarly. She’s a super cool girl with winged eyeliner skills that will make you question your own ability to do the simplest of makeup looks. Sonali Prabhu is UCF’s very own beauty blogging YouTuber, and we got the DL on her life.

HCUCF: Year? Major?

SP: I am a freshman and right now I am broadcast journalism, but that is most likely going to change!

HCUCF: Hometown?

SP: I was born in Jacksonville, FL and moved to Roswell, Georgia when I was 3, until I moved back to Florida for college.

HCUCF: Are you involved in any organizations or club on campus?

SP: I am a Kappa Delta here at UCF! 

HCUCF: Describe yourself in 3 emojis. 

SP: Camera, grinning face, awkward flushed cheeks face!

HCUCF: Tell us a little about your YouTube channel.

SP: I started out by doing beauty videos, but now I also do lifestyle videos and vlogs!

HCUCF: How did you get into YouTube?

SP: I have always watched YouTube videos so I decided might as well do them myself because I have always been into entertaining other people! On the first day of summer, I decided it was the day so I borrowed my dad’s camera and tripod and uploaded my first video!

HCUCF: Favorite YouTubers?

SP: Aspyn Ovard, MylifeasEva, Tori Sterling, Desi Perkins, Jay Alvarrez, & Tara Michelle Vlogs.

HCUCF: Whose your celeb crush #MCM?

SP: I honestly don’t have one but I like any celebrity with a nice smile and personality!

HCUCF: What’s your Netflix guilty pleasure?

SP: I usually pick YouTube over Netflix, but I definitely want to rewatch either 90210 or One Tree Hill!

HCUCF: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

SP: Hopefully married and successful with my ideal career. (Author’s note—ME TOO GIRL, ME TOO.)

HCUCF: Favorite part of UCF so far?

SP: I love how pretty and modern my school is! I also love how there is always something going on like clubs or events!

HCUCF: Relationship status? Do you got a bae, or nah?

SP: I do got a bae! He’s at school in Georgia, so FaceTime is our BFF.

Keep up with Sonali for cool vids & cute pics!

Instagram: @so_narly 

Twitter: @so_narly 

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SoNarlyPrabhu

Blog: www.sonarlylife.com

Snapchat: @sonali_prabhu

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter!