This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Imagine this: you’re getting ready to go out when suddenly you notice a pimple right in the middle of your forehead. I can’t emphasize how often such a scenario has happened to me. After years of testing out acne control products, I finally found the one. I mean THE ONE. As a matter of fact, I swear by it, since it has worked numerous miracles for me in the past two years. Which product am I talking about, you might ask? Behold! I present to you the Neutrogena All-In-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub

Now, before I get into the nitty gritty, it’s important for me to note that my review is based off my own experiences and this article is not sponsored. Remember, everyone has a different skin type, and mine leans towards the dryer side of the spectrum, so what works for me may not work for everyone. Anyhow, let’s dive into it!

As the product label says, it helps remove “acne’s past, present and future.” The key ingredient to this is salicylic acid, which is known for removing dead skin cells. When dead skin cells are removed, it helps clear out your pores, which is where bacteria thrive. This reduces breakouts and softens the appearance of acne scars. The most important thing to note is that salicylic acid does not kill bacteria, but instead dissolves dead skin cells.  

In addition to the awesome properties of salicylic acid, the texture of the scrub is gentle enough to barely cause any irritation. As a general tip, I recommend you wet your face before applying a few gentle dabs of the product to target areas, such as the forehead, cheeks and chin. Also, I highly suggest that you avoid rubbing your face too hard, so make sure to be gentle. After all, the face on our skin is by far the most delicate.

What I absolutely love about this product is that it’s fragrance-free and doesn’t have any of those nasty plastic micro-beads. As we all know, fragrance in products can irritate our skin and end up making matters worse. With this one, you’ll be saving your skin from those awful blemishes and saving our planet at the same time!

Overall, if you’re looking to upgrade your daily skincare routine I highly recommend you try this product out! You can purchase Neutrogena’s All-In-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub at your local Target, Walmart or drugstore. I hope you see some fabulous results!

Images: 1, 2, 3

Saarah Sherifi is a writer for HerCampus UCF and is the founder of the online news company, Stronger in Unison.
UCF Contributor