Jonas Brothers Break Up, Hearts Break Everywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

In news that will probably depress you and ruin your day, the Jonas Brothers have officially called it quits.

In an interview with Good Morning America, the brothers spoke on their reasons for the split, saying they will, “choose to be brothers first.”

“I’m the one that initiated the conversation,” said Nick, also known as definitely the hottest one. “We’re family first, and that’s always been our main priority. And so, honesty within that, within what we do as a group, was really important. So I came to the table with the guys just before we were prepping to leave for our tour and I shared my heart with them, my feelings.”

While your heart may mourn for the days of ‘Year 3000’ and ‘When You Look Me In the Eyes,’ remember: things can’t get much worse than this.

HerCampus UCF’s own Molly Slicker, well-known for her column ‘Are You There God, It’s Me Molly,’ in which she frequently discusses the artists formerly known as the JoBros, is very emotionally affected by the breakup.

“Honestly, I’ve devoted so much time and attention to them these past 7 years I don’t really know how to live in a world without the JoBros. Almost like a little piece of me is missing,” said Slicker. “The only good thing I can see out of it is maybe they’ll have more time to focus on solo projects, like dating me.”

To help mourn the loss, we’ve attached some photos of the Jonas Brothers in their prime. We’ll make it through this together, girls.

UCF Contributor