I Got Hot Sauce in My Bag: The Best Food to Pair with Frank’s RedHot Sauce

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Is there a better condiment than hot sauce? You can probably guess my opinion on that issue, since I’m writing an entire article solely dedicated to hot sauce. Seriously though, you can pair it with anything. Don’t believe me? Well, lucky for you, I put together a list of the best foods to pair with your favorite hot sauce!

Chicken Wings

…duh. Wings and hot sauce go together like John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. It’s my professional opinion that you can’t go wrong with a basket of wings and a bottle of your favorite hot sauce. My go-to is Frank’s Red Hot! (Are we all ready to admit that drums are better than flats yet?)

Burritos

No burrito is complete without hot sauce! As a certified burrito expert™, I can confirm this. Whether you’re adding it inside or pouring it on top, there’s no wrong way to hot sauce your burrito. 

Avocado Toast

Like most millennials, I’ve unfortunately wasted all of my savings on avocado toast and will likely never be able to afford a house. But is it worth it to be able to enjoy avo toast with hot sauce? Probably, yeah. Add an egg to really take your toast to the next level!

Sticky Rice

Plain sticky rice? Drab. Sticky rice drizzled with hot sauce? Fab. This is a dish worthy of Chopped — at least the appetizer round

Fries

Heinz can brag about finally selling fry sauce in stores all they want, but the ultimate condiment for your fries is hot sauce! Trust me – I’m also a certified fry expert™. I have a lot of certifications.

Want to try some of these hot sauce combos yourself? Then grab a bottle of Frank’s Red Hot and get to it! And don’t be afraid to try hot sauce on anything you want — I’ve heard it’s good on popcorn, although I’m not sure how I feel about that. Just don’t get lost in the sauce.

Nicole is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in advertising/public relations, a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and a minor in writing & rhetoric. She has been involved with Her Campus for four years and served as the editor-in-chief of the UCF chapter for two years. She's a lover of 80s music, horror movies, and the Oxford comma. If she's not hanging out with her cat, Stevie — named after Stevie Nicks for obvious reasons — she's probably at a theme park. If you want to follow her on social media, you can find her on Instagram, Twitter, and at her blog: nicoleelisabeth.com!
UCF Contributor