Gabby Lintz: Her Campus UCF President and Editor-in-Chief

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As the 2016-2017 President and Editor-in-Chief, Gabby inspired the entire Her Campus UCF team. She unlocked the potential of every writer and pours her heart and soul into everything that she does. She is practically perfect in every way, from her amazing style to her stellar GPA to her spotless apartment. We would love for her to stay forever, but Gabby is graduating with a degree in Advertising and Public Relations this month and will start working locally in the communications industry. We will miss her so much and the entire HCUCF team is so grateful for all of her hard work and dedication to the chapter!

Major: Avertising and Public Relations

Minor: Sociology

Certificate: Public and Professional Writing

What are your favorite TV shows? I love New Girl, Impractical Jokers, and Friends.

What’s your favorite type of food? Italian, because I’m half Italian!

Do you have any pets? I have two dogs at home (West Palm Beach), an English bulldog named Lola and a German Shepard/Golden Retriever mix named Bo.

What advice would you give to your freshman self? Not to be so stressed out because everything will be okay in the end. I was really focused t in the beginning of my college career trying to get into my major (the AD/PR program at UCF is a limited access program that requires a separate application process), but I got accepted and was able to achieve my goals. And every freshman should just relax and have faith that everything will work out the way it’s supposed to.

Why did you decide to come to UCF? During my freshman year of high school I had a dance competition in the CFE Arena, and I absolutely fell in love with the school. I thought that I could see myself going here for college. It’s a very modern, very pretty campus with plenty of involvement opportunities so I always had my heart set on UCF.

What were some of your favorite articles that you’ve written while in college? My favorite is my article called “A Letter to My (Ex) Boyfriend’s Mom Who Never Liked Me“. It got a huge amount of positive feedback, which really surprised me. A lot of people reached out to me and said that they found it really relatable, that they connected to it and that they liked how it wasn’t vindictive and was everything they wish they could say- which is the most amazing feeling ever as a writer. My other favorite is the one where I wrote about the experience of finding out that I had a brother (at age 20!) It was a major life experience for me that I got to share with the world through my writing. 

Favorite Her Campus memory? My favorite memories were the Her Campus Tour this year, and the tour during my first year of being a part of Her Campus. They were both great successes and I got to meet Windsor Hanger Western, one of the founders of Her Campus, as well as the UCF community. The tour was a great end to my whole college experience and it was really rewarding to be able to plan such a huge event in partnership with Her Campus nationals.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully married with kids, working in non-profit or writing for an online publication in Florida.

Describe yourself in three words. Passionate. Charismatic. Determined.

What was your favorite part of being Editor-in-Chief/President? The chapter itself grew so much, and we had a lot of new emerging leaders. I helped develop a whole new group of college womens’ love for Her Campus and  find their way through college. I also grew a lot myself as a leader and writer.

Other than Her Campus, what were you involved with at UCF? I was a dancer with Knights and Damsels Dance Company, a dance troupe at UCF. I danced for thirteen years before college and wanted to experience dancing at a college level, so decided to spontaneously try out, which was the best decision ever. I was a member last semester, my favorite performance was at Orlando Fashion Week! It was really exciting to be a part of. We rehearsed twice a week and had a blast, I met a lot of really awesome girls.

What do you hope to do in the future? This semester I had an amazing internship at a non-profit company called Clean the World. I realized that I am incredibly passionate about non-profit work and I hope to be employed in the communications department of a non-profit company here in Orlando!

*All photos courtesy of Gabby Lintz 

Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together. 
Gabby is a senior advertising and public relations major who loves Taylor Swift, iced coffee, anything that sparkles, and writing. Her favorite fictional character is Jenna Rink from 13 Going on 30, because she plans to be a "big time magazine editor" one day. Gabby is the the president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus at UCF and a contributing blogger for the Huffington Post. When she isn't writing (which isn't very often), you'll always find Gabby sitting front row of every UCF football game, at Starbucks, or watching re-runs of "Friends." She's got a fascination with New York City, and aspires to work in digital journalism. Follow Gabby on social media if you're interested in the commentary of an average 20-something, food, and the more-than-occassional selfie. Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest