alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The First Week of Classes as Told by ‘The Office’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When you walk into class and all of your BFFs are there.

There’s no better feeling than entering a class filled with people you know.

…And the guy you ghosted last semester.

Just don’t make eye contact.

When your professor announces a group project, BUT you can pick your partners.

Not only are you in a class with your pals, but you can guarantee you’ll have stellar group members.

Laughing at all of the first day jokes that you know have already been told three times today.

Professors absolutely love it when you laugh at their not so great jokes. Not only does it make them feel good, but it’s a great way to earn some brownie points.

When your professor assigns a discussion post instead of a syllabus quiz.

Honestly, just why? Not only are they making more work for you, but they’re making more work for themselves. I mean, it’s pretty much a lose-lose situation all around.

And they actually start teaching on the first day.

No one—and I mean no one—is prepared to actually learn on the first day of class. It’s called “syllabus week” for a reason, duh.

As if that wasn’t enough, your textbooks cost more than your tuition.

Don’t these textbook people know you have a spring break cruise to save up for?

Did I mention the final is cumulative?

So you mean they actually expect you to apply what you’ve learned all semester? This is not what we signed up for.

At least getting out early on the first day is always a plus.

We all know getting out early could be a one-time thing, so you have to make the best of it and run like hell.

And of course, when you go out to celebrate syllabus week.

A week of school that’s not really school? A cause for celebration indeed.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Though there may not be a long drive between the beaches of Safety Harbor and Orlando, Florida, Austin surely has come a long way. Now a senior studying Ad/PR at the University of Central Florida, she first discovered her love for writing and design after being editor-in-chief of The Pride Yearbook at Countryside High School. Since coming to UCF as a freshman in 2015, Austin has truly discovered what it means to be a Knight. She loves getting involved on campus with UCF orgs such as the 2017 Orientation Team, Quotes (the PR club), She’s the First and of course Her Campus UCF. When she’s out of class, you can find Austin journaling, working in the Adobe Creative Suite, volunteering at the local Boy’s & Girl’s Club, or scrolling through Pinterest.
UCF Contributor