This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

They’ve done it again. Little Mix is coming to send 2020 off in the best way possible with their 6th album, Confetti. If you think you know what this album will sound like, you’re in for the best rollercoaster. Pop the champagne because Confetti is finally here. 

“Break Up Song”

The best thing I ever did was to let you go / Did you think you were the only one who could save me? / Yeah, I’ll find a way to dance without you ​

This song definitely sets the tone for the rest of the album. This is about what happens after you’ve let someone go that you thought and hoped would work out. Although you might be sad about it, you don’t have to stay there. You realize that you’ll be fine without them, and you were/are doing better without them. Sometimes letting them go is what finally sets you free because you realize you’re still able to dance even without them. At the end of the day, you’re the best dance partner you’ll ever have.

“Holiday”

I’ve been looking for the feeling, looking all my life / Touch me like a summer night, you feel like a holiday

Sit back and relax and let this play. Have you ever met someone that just feels like home? You know what’s better than someone feeling like home…a holiday. This person is someone that, no matter where you are, as long as you’re with them, you feel like you’re always relaxed and calm. Although we can’t travel right now, that person makes every day feel like a vacation.

“Sweet Melody”

He used to sing me sweet melodies, he played me, made me believe it was love

Get ready to dance! This will become your shower song, your car jam, your walking jam, your workout jam…all the jams. Actions speak louder than words, and this song hints at that with every line. No matter how sweet the talk was, the actions never matched up. Sometimes it takes walking away from something so “sweet” for us to realize just how sour it was. Not only is this song a BOP, but the music video is even better.

“Confetti”

From the sky, drop like confetti / Ain’t blocking my blessings anymore / You’re missin’ me, but I’m finally free

Is it your birthday? Because “Confetti” is here to celebrate you and you alone. If someone has ever made you feel that you don’t deserve to shine and you don’t deserve blessings, jokes on them, you’re now VIP. “Confetti” is a song that addresses how easily we can allow others to steal our shine, block our blessings, and make us doubt our abilities. If you’re looking for a sign to chase that opportunity, here’s your sign.

“Happiness”

And I swear I’m never gonna lose me again / Remember I, I was mine before I was yours / So don’t try, I’m stronger without you, yeah

You deserve all of the happiness. Sometimes it takes letting something go to realize what you deserve. It might hurt like hell in the moment, but you quickly realize how better off you are without that person. What I love most about this song is that it doesn’t solely have to apply to romantic relationships. No one should ever contribute to your sadness, but rather add to your happiness.

“Not a Pop Song”

If I’m a guilty pleasure, I want this life forever / I don’t do what Simon says / Get the message ‘cause it’s read

This song speaks for itself. People wanted to put Little Mix in a box regarding what music they should’ve been producing and making. They knew their worth and fought for the music they wanted to release. Although they were told their music was only a “guilty pleasure,” they continued to be the hardworking women they are. We like to stick labels on others and put them in boxes that make us comfortable, but people are more than the labels and boxes others want to put them in.

“Nothing But My Feelings”

I’m layin’ here in nothin’ but my feelings / ‘Cause ain’t no strings up on my body

This song is a sensual and subtle way of telling someone to come over because you’re in the mood. Sometimes you want something with no strings attached, and there’s nothing wrong with that. This is not a sign to call your ex, but it’s a song for you to embrace your sexuality and what you want.

“Gloves Up”

Brighter than bright I will shine / Can’t knock me down and that’s why

Everyone loves an underdog. Do you remember a time when someone told you that you couldn’t do something, and that encouraged you to prove them wrong? This song is for you. One of the best things in life is proving someone wrong. This song is the motivational song we all need when we doubt ourselves. You have what it takes to get to where you want to go. No matter how many times life knocks you down, believe that you’re able to get up and keep fighting. I believe in you.

“A Mess (Happy 4 U)”

If I can’t be happy, happy with you / I’ll be happy, happy for you

No one wants to see their ex with someone new, but you know that it’s for the best. It may hurt to see them with someone new, but you still want the best for them and their happiness. You wanted it to work and to be happy with them, but because it didn’t work out, you’re still happy for them.

“My Love Won’t Let You Down”

No matter what you’re going through / I’ll be there with you / Anytime that you need me to

*Grabs tissues* This song made me a little emotional. With the current climate of our world, we’re all dealing with issues and struggles that we might not want to share with the ones we love. Sometimes it’s hard to remind someone that you’re always there for them, but this song does it so beautifully. When you listen to this song, remember to check in on those around you and check in on yourself.

“Rendezvous”

How’d you feel about a rendezvous? / I ain’t tryna fall in love with you / Just tryna do a rendezvous​ / And you already know the time and place

This song highlights owning your sexuality by establishing from the beginning what you want. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, but sometimes you just want that person with you at that moment. It’s a very dark and sexy song that showcases each member’s lower register.

“If You Want My Love”

You should’ve known that I come first / Should’ve gave what I deserve

Little Mix is giving us ’90s vibes with this song, and I’m here for it. The dating scene can be fun, but it also can be a waste of time. If you’re not trying to waste your time, you’ll relate to this song. We’re not trying to settle for anything less than what we deserve. We’re not accepting any bare minimum in this house.

“Breathe”

Do you remember me? Or are you replacin’ me? / Still, I can’t erase your number / I’m still sleepin’ in your jumper

Saved the best for last. Going through heartbreak is never easy, and this song explains it so well. Getting over a breakup can be extremely difficult. In moments when you’re thinking about them, the memories replay in your mind.

Little Mix has been continuously providing us with nothing but bops, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. This is a Confetti-stanning household. Which song are you adding to your playlist, and why is it the entire album? I hope you enjoyed the album as much as I did. 

Lincy is a Senior at UCF majoring in Social Work with a minor in Sociology. She was born in Haiti, but raised in Florida. She loves spending most of her free time volunteering with children. If she's not volunteering, you can find her on Netflix watching her favorite shows -- Criminal Minds, Supernatural, or New Girl. If you want to keep up with what she's doing, follow her on her socials. 
UCF Contributor