7 Recipes to Spice Up Your Relationship With Pizza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We all know pizza is BAE. . .

And it is usually the food of choice for National Single Awareness Day, AKA,Valentine’s day.

All of your favorite restaurants are crowded, you’d rather die than run into undesirable people and you just want to get comfortable and call up ‘old faithful’ to your doorstep. But this weekend, instead of the same old phone call that rushes your one true love over to your apartment in minutes, piping hot and ready, try one of these recipes and put a new twist on an old flame.

1. Pizza Cake. Check it out here.

Nothing declares love like a cake. And this love is dense.

2. Crispy Pizza Wontons. Recipe here. My twist on this: Put cherry tomatoes in the middle of each. You’re welcome.

Sometimes love comes in small packages filled with tomatoes and cheese.

3. Vegan Pizza. Recipe here.

Who knows, you might fall in love with this cruelty free slice of yum.

4. Pizza Quesadillas. Recipe here.

It’s all you love between two tortillas.

5. Pizza rolls. Recipe here.

This one will remind you of the good old days, when you were young. *Cue Adele.*

6. Pizza dip. Recipe here.

A love you can share.

Oh, pizza! Change all you want, because our love is a love that evolves and grows! We’ll always be in love, as long as you keep that tomato-basil-cheese thing going on. Your versatility is why anyone could love you. Whether you’re by the slice, in a crispy shell, vegan cheese, dairy cheese, stuffed with veggies or loaded with meat, we’ll never forget the beautiful thing we all fell in love with at first bite. 

Create and enjoy, my fellow pizza crazies!

Photo Credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7

Shanelle is pursing an Interdisciplinary degree at UCF with concentrations in Biomedical Sciences and Health Sciences, accompanied by a minor in Magazine Journalism. She has a great love for literature, music and nature, and in her free time she enjoys baking, cooking, painting, knitting, basically creating anything with her hands. But her desire to create and explore is often overcomed by her need for hot tea, naps and Netflix marathons. 
UCF Contributor