brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 7 Most Instagrammable Spots at UCF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome to the wonderful world of college, where if it isn’t on social media, it didn’t happen. Starting out a new school year is the perfect time to update your Instagram feeds and let your friends back home know that your life is way cooler than theirs. But just how might that be executed? Luckily for you, I compiled the top seven best places to snap a pic on campus that will lead to instant jealousy—because after all, we live where you vacation.

1. The Reflection Pond

Let’s get the most obvious answer out of the way first. Now that the grueling semester-long construction is finally finished, we can once again sit by the reflection pond to study while snapping pics of some amazing views. It’s the home of the coveted graduation photo shoot, and the place you’ll be most likely to scrape your knee (thanks, Spirit Splash 2016). Just don’t jump in quite yet, unless paying crazy expensive fines is something you love to do in your free time.

2. The Roof of Parking Garage B

This is my baby, my hidden gem, and I’m sharing it all with you. You’re welcome. Drive up to the top of garage B for a beautiful view of our rarely photographed water tower. This beaut truly doesn’t receive enough attention on campus, and maybe, just maybe, our student body can collectively make it IG famous.

3. Lake Claire

As a former resident of the lovely Lake Claire Apartments, heading over to the dock was one of my favorite past times during freshman year. Yet somehow my social media addicted self never documented my time there? Insane. Luckily, sororities galore utilize the bright blue water as the perfect backdrop for their fam pics, and you should too.

4. The Staircase Inside Nicholson

This is a weird one, yes, but the Pegasus logo etched in the glass is just too perfect to leave out. Many buildings around the campus feature it, so if you’re lucky enough to be heading through on a sunny day, you might be able to capture the perfect look of sophisticated grace.

5. Knights Plaza

We LOVE a shopping district lined with palm trees, ladies! Whether you are marching down the street between tailgate and kickoff, or just meeting your friends for a bite to eat at Burger U, Knights Plaza makes the perfect backdrop for the slightest bit of urban sprawl in your feed. Plus if you’re feeling risky, step into the middle of the usually un-busy road for the mock Abbey Road shot with your gal pals.

6. Outside of Spectrum Stadium

Since we are apparently good at sports now (charge on!), there’s a 13/0 chance you’ll make it to one of our home football games. Make sure to stop by the least popular of all the knight statues on campus for a shot surrounded by palm trees and school spirit. Try to make it there before the line of drunk zombies coming from tailgate to avoid unpleasant photobombing.

7. Literally Anywhere With Palm Trees

This one is super easy. If you want to pretend that you’re studying all of the sake of an Instagram post, be sure to pull out your laptop or notebook near any surplus of palm trees. This will be sure to spark jealousy in the eyes of your followers located in the northern region of the United States. Bonus points if you wait to post it until January or February, because who wouldn’t want to trade snow for sunshine. #welivewhereyouvacation

Images: 1, all other images provided by the author.

Lena is currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and very emotional about it. She serves as HCUCF's President and Campus Correspondent and is studying hospitality in hopes of making her childhood dreams of getting paid to travel the world come true. She is head over heels in love with all things aesthetically pleasing, so what could be better than working a job that will result in cute photos? While she's not in school or checking out the tacky tourist attractions around Orlando, you can find her spending more money than she has on concerts, clothes, and crappy coffee. She is a low-key movie addict and a high-key Instagram addict. If you want to see what she's up to when she's not hiding behind her laptop screen, you can follow her on Instagram @lena.daniels 
UCF Contributor