Style > Beauty

7 Beauty Products Perfect for a Girl with a Sweet Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I personally feel more inclined to purchase a product if it looks, tastes, or smells like candy! As funny this may seem, I not only want products that make me look and feel beautiful, but that also manage to get my endorphins running for the long day ahead! In this article, I will be sharing 6 of my absolute favorite makeup, fragrance, and cleansing products that I am certain you’ll continue to crave just like your favorite candy! 

1. Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick from Two Faced

It took a while (and A LOT of purchases) for me to finally find the perfect lip product, and now I can honestly say that these babies are definitely it! Not only do they stay true to their pigment, but they also apply very smoothly to the lips and come in a variety of vibrant, candy colors! Start off by applying a very thin layer of clear gloss to your lips (optional), and then finish off by applying one of these! One of my personal favorites that I always receive compliments on is called It’s Happening!, which is a SUPER hot pink color. I’ve also purchased Lady Balls (a classic, bold red shade) and Bend & Snap!, which is a darker, more conservative shade of hot pink (but it still makes quite a statement)! 

Take my word for it when I say that once you try these, you’ll never want to go back to using any other lip product! 

Price: $21.00 each (and you’ll certainly be getting what you pay for)!

2. Chocolate Lip Scrub from LUSH Handmade Cosmetics

I was never really a big fan of scrubs (especially ones for the face). Once I purchased this sweet, sugary gem, however, everything changed! With the taste and scent of chocolatey vanilla extract (if such a product existed), this lip scrub will keep you staring at and gliding your fingers across your lips in admiration of how smooth, healthy, and kissable they’ll look once you use it! Simply rub the sugary crystals across your lips, lick off the excess, and celebrate your newfound, youthful lips!  

Price per jar: $10.95 (small container, a LOT of product, many benefits)

3. Any Fragrance Mists you can find at Bath & Body Works (especially their seasonal/nature ones)

One of the most amusing comments I’ve ever gotten on a perfume I’ve worm is that it made me smell like cookies! This comment put a HUGE smile on my face, and definitely reassured me that my decision to purchase unhealthy amounts of perfume from Bath & Body Works was obviously a very good one (except for the “unhealthy” part). If you purchase any fragrance mists from B&BW, go for their seasonal/nature ones! I personally love using Marshmallow Pumpkin Spice in the fall, Vanilla Bean Noel in the wintertime, and Wild Madagascar Vanilla all year round. Not only will their scent remain on your clothes for days, but you will also find each individual one to be very affordable.

Price per mist: varies 

4. Odyssey Perfumed Skin Softener from AVON (the one in the purple jar)

It only took a few seconds for me to embrace the scent of this moisturizer before deciding I would never go back to using any other moisturizer ever again. It’s honestly one of the sweetest smelling face products you’ll ever try, and also does an excellent job of keeping your face soft and smooth throughout the day! Just apply it all over your face and watch your “happy hormones” go into action like never before!  

Price per jar: $8.00

5. Any Shower Creams or Shower Gels from LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Up until I purchased my very first shower cream from LUSH Cosmetics, I ended up using body wash products that smelled good, but were easily removed by even the slightest bit of contact with water. I’m sure you can imagine why this was a problem. Fortunately, shower creams and gels from LUSH Cosmetics do not only come in a variety of unique scents for an unforgettable cleansing experience every time you shower, but they also make the process of showering much more enjoyable and less time consuming. My favorite one that I’ve purchased so far is a shower cream called Yummy Mummy, which is unfortunately only sold in celebration of Mother’s Day. 

Price per cream or gel: varies 

6. Any Fresh Face Mask from LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics 

If there’s anything I’m more obsessed with than the lip scrubs and shower creams/gels from LUSH​, it’s their face masks! Trust me, you’d be very disappointed to find out just how many of them I have stashed in my room right now. On a brighter note, LUSH offers face masks for a variety of different skin types, and each one comes in its own unique color, scent. and is made with nature’s love! Ask a sales associate for help in picking yours, and make sure to use the masks before they expire (though I’ve personally found out that you can extend the life of a typical LUSH face mask by adding and mixing water into it). My current favorites include Rosy CheeksOatifix, and Brazened Honey. 

Price per mask: varies

While there are many more products to choose from other than the ones discussed here, I hope that this list gave you some ideas for a few sweet products to add to your collection! Believe me when I say that they’ll definitely give pamper time an entirely new meaning the instant you start using them!