samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Resources for Career-Minded UCF Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We all talk about the countless, amazing deeds we’re going to do when we graduate. But what are you doing right now? You’ll never be so well connected or close to as many free resources as you are in college.

1. The Blackstone Launchpad

Located conveniently in the student union, the Blackstone Launchpad is for all you future entrepreneurs out there. They’ll sit down, talk through your ideas with you, and give you further advice on how to get your project started.

2. StarterSpace

This resource is next in line for entrepreneurs after Blackstone. In a group workshop setting, students meet with other students with similar ideas and interest. If you’ve already met one on one, this group discussion could help fine tune your idea.

3. The UCF Upstarts Student Venture Accelerator

This tool provided by UCF is for teams that have already started their start up. As this program focuses most on groups of people who have been generating revenue for six months, it’s not for everyone. Still, the Venture Accelerator is the top tier for entrepreneurs and those with dreams of their own company.

4. KnightLink

KnightLink is available to all UCF students and recent graduates, and it’s very helpful for those trying to find part-time or full-time jobs, especially those on campus. You might find your dream job through the online job search, but it’s perfect for getting a little cash on the side, as well.

5. PlacePro

Offered by the Office Experiential Learning, PlacePro is a service kind of like Knightlink, only more specialized. It’s a perfect tool for those looking for a world changing internship or even a career. You’ll meet with an advisor who will help you get approved for the software, and then you’ll fill out a personalized profile. This information will help you find an internship or career in your field that fits your experience level.

6. OSI Volunteer

You never know who you’ll be asking for a job, and volunteer work looks good on any resume. Through your work, you’ll also find great opportunities for networking and skill building. You can help yourself and the community at the same time!

College will be over before you know it, so take advantage of these amazing resources while you can. There are whole offices out there just dying to connect you to your future, and all you have to do is go talk to them.

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

UCF Contributor