This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Is your inner girl boss craving some inspiration? Luckily for you, I’ve got the perfect solution: some amazing books written by some kick-ass women! From female mentorship and politics to positive thinking and motivation, these books have everything you need to reignite your drive and get you back on the path to world domination.

Charlotte Walsh Likes to Win by Jo Piazza

I finished this book over the course of one weekend because it’s just that goodCharlotte Walsh Likes to Win is about a woman who leaves behind her Silicon Valley career to run for Senate in her Pennsylvania hometown. As she fights sexist attacks from both the media and her opponent, struggles to maintain her privacy, and tries to preserve her fraught marriage, Charlotte serves as the perfect example a girl boss who wants it all and is willing to do anything to get it. 

The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer

The Female Persuasion is the story of Greer Kadetsky, a freshman in college who is stirred to activism when a fellow student gropes her at a party and receives only a slap on the wrist from their university. When she has the opportunity to work with Faith Frank, a renowned activist leaving behind her established career in media to found a new feminist foundation, she jumps at the chance. Analyzing female mentorship and power dynamics as well as the scourge of corporate feminism, The Female Persuasion will certainly leave you with a lot to think about.

All the Single Ladies by Rebecca Traister

All the Single Ladies is an incredibly in-depth analysis of the evolution of single women in America. For previous generations, it was unheard of (or even unacceptable) for a woman to remain unmarried and instead pursue a career or other interests. The rise of a generation of women unafraid to postpone or forgo marriage is a very new phenomenon, and an empowering one to read about as well! With a whole chapter dedicated to the unique aspects of female friendship, this enlightening read really does cover everything a single lady could want to know

In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It by Lauren Graham

It turns out Lauren Graham’s advice is as good as Lorelai Gilmore’s! In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It is an extension of a commencement speech that Graham once gave, which makes it the perfect book for any girl boss getting ready to graduate and take her first steps into the “real world.” It’s also filled with cute illustrations by Graham herself! Reading this book is the literary equivalent of getting a really big hug from someone you look up to.

You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

Even the most driven girl bosses could use some motivation sometimes. You Are a Badass is filled with inspiring personal anecdotes enough useful advice to last a lifetime. This is my go-to book to flip through when I’m feeling down in the dumps! Looking for some more financially-oriented advice? Check out You Are a Badass at Making Money

I hope one of these books will inspire you and your inner girl boss! Do you have any other suggestions for awesome girl power reads? Hit me up on social media and send them my way — I’d love to check them out!

Nicole is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in advertising/public relations, a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and a minor in writing & rhetoric. She has been involved with Her Campus for four years and served as the editor-in-chief of the UCF chapter for two years. She's a lover of 80s music, horror movies, and the Oxford comma. If she's not hanging out with her cat, Stevie — named after Stevie Nicks for obvious reasons — she's probably at a theme park. If you want to follow her on social media, you can find her on Instagram, Twitter, and at her blog: nicoleelisabeth.com!
UCF Contributor