5 Songs to Listen to When Dealing With Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.
Break my soul- beyoncé

Queen B! Now ya’ll know life be lifing. We have to do deal with our jobs, college and still need to have time for our own life. The weight of the world is on our shoulders and everyone is waiting on us to screw up. Beyoncé told me everything I needed to know. We need to release everything that is stressing us, angering us. When you know something is know longer serving you, you’ll move in the way you’re intended to. Our lives are constantly transforming whether we like it or not. However, make memorable moments. Live the life you love and love the life you live. Let loose, have fun. Stones are going to be thrown, don’t let it break your soul! Ya’ll, please don’t quit your job, unless you absolutely want to though!

cLOSER- Goapele

Closer is an everyday motivation for me as a first generation college student. It’s tough out here for sure, especially when you have to work twice as hard for everything you want. This pushes me to keep doing great things, even when I think I am not doing enough. Slow progress, is progress and you can be delayed but not denied. You are doing great, do whatever it takes to get the life you want(the legal way of course!). Don’t doubt yourself even for a minute. Positive thoughts, positive outcomes.

BAG LADY- ERYKAH BADU

Bag lady is mostly meant for holding on to emotional baggage from men in past relationships. I took the understanding of this message to a deeper route. For me this could go for life itself, walking around holding on to things completely out of your control, things you cannot change. Harboring onto these things will hurt you in more ways than you could ever imagine. Take situations and people for what they are, what you’ve been shown. Use the lessons you’ve learned from these situations and apply them to your life where you see fit.

tAKE ME AS I AM- MARY J. BLIGE

I love me some Auntie Mary real bad, she gets me going everytime! This song means staying true to yourself and not changing for the aid of others. Nobody is perfect, everyone is going to have screwups about 99.9% of the time. Most times, we are just lost and it takes some time for us to find our way. Mary says “Just take me as I am, or have nothing at all”, meaning that you take someone and all of their flaws or you can’t have no part of them in no shape,way or form. Everybody’s journey is different, and you should not be judged for how your journey is. You are strong, you are loved.

i’M BLESSED- CHARLIE WILSON

This is a personal favorite of mine. Everyday, is it a blessing to wake up and see another day. You may wake up grouchy, you might even be going through some tough times. However, it is important to remember that you’re not six feet in the ground or in jail. You have a roof over your head, you’re alive, you have the opportunity to be in college meeting new people and experiencing new things. That’s more of a blessing than you think, don’t let trying times exert influence on how your day or even how your life is going to go. Trials and tribulations have a way of molding us into the people we are today. Listen to this every morning before you start your day. “Living every moment, no regrets”.

It is crucial that you take care of yourself, mentally, physically and emotionally. Life is going to be arduous, change is going to happen and it’s not something we’re going to always control. Be authentically you, own your mistakes, chase those dreams. No one has authority over your life except you, take your power back.

Ayana Griffin is a UCF senior majoring in communication & conflict. She also has a minor in journalism. Ayana is apart of NSLS, Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honor Society and the Her Campus UCF chapter. She spends her time listening to music, creating content, photography and binge watching movies and shows.