5 Easy Friendsgiving Dishes You Can Make At College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

November is here, and you know what that means: Daylight Savings, Diwali, days off from school, Thanksgiving, and last but not least, Friendsgiving. I can’t wait to get together with my friends and feast on delicious foods…or the best store-bought dishes that broke college students can afford. Of course, more often than not, the Friendsgiving menu usually consists of Cheetos, Publix cupcakes, pizza, and more affordable but unhealthy food. While the point is to celebrate the people you’re with and not the food, I personally wouldn’t mind some good, low-effort, home-cooked dishes and snacks for a change. Here are five easy and delicious foods you can bring to the Friendsgiving potluck!

1. roASTED VEGETABLES

This is quite literally one of the easiest healthy dishes you can make. I personally love to roast potatoes, carrots, and brussel sprouts. You can also roast sweet potatoes, asparagus, etc.- just coat them in oil, salt, and black or red pepper. Roasting temperature is typically 400-425 degrees Fahrenheit for up to twenty minutes (an air fryer will also work if you don’t have an oven)!

2. ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS

While this is not exactly a dish, it’s a good snack that I would not complain about if someone brought this to the Friendsgiving potluck. Save those pumpkin seeds from when you carved pumpkins for Halloween and give them a good wash. Get the stringy pumpkin guts out, and pop them in the oven with the same seasonings and temperature for roasted vegetables.

3. apple crisp

This is one of my favorite fall-themed desserts to make! I like this recipe the best, but there are tons of variations. I love that the ingredient list is short and that this dessert tastes amazing with ice cream.

4. baked ziti

Baked ziti intimidated me for a while, but it’s actually insanely simple. You throw tomato sauce, cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, and cooked ground beef in a pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about thirty minutes. Even if you’re not quite a chef, you would have to be spectacularly cursed in a kitchen to mess up this dish.

5. mac and cheese

Last but certainly not least, you can’t go wrong with macaroni and cheese. You can either bake it or cook it on a stovetop. Boil elbow macaroni and mix milk, salt, butter, cheese, and any other seasonings you like. This is a top-tier dish that will not last a millisecond at the potluck.

I hope this list helps out, and that no one leaves hungry and bloated this Friendsgiving!

Raiya Shaw is an undergraduate student at the University of Central Florida pursuing majors in Sociology and English: Creative Writing. She loves performing slam poetry, solving jigsaw puzzles, and consuming large amounts of coffee.