3 Things You Might Not Know About UCF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I don’t know about you, but a lot of the things I learned about the campus came from current students and not from orientation like I had hoped. These tiny details that may have seemed insignificant in the early days of Knight-hood come into great use now that you are a student, rather than a newbie. In the case that you don’t know a thing or two about a thing or two, here are 3 things everyone should know about UCF:

1. All Knight Study

This may seem obvious to some, but I have met some people who had no idea about the things All Knight Study has to offer. Instead of waiting in line at the SGA Office in the Student Union, next time pick up your scantrons or testing booklets here! There are two convenient locations for students: one is located next to the CFE Arena and the other is located in Ferrell Commons. You can also print up to $2.00 here for free instead of going to the SGA computer lab. All Knight Study has a microwave so you can heat up your food while you are studying and avoid walking to your car or dorm. Lastly, you can most certainly study here while everyone keeps on thinking that the library is the most effective study spot #goyou .

2. Meditation Garden

If you want to de-stress or relax you could stroll the Meditation Garden located by the Arboretum. This garden is designed to promote meditation, calmness, and be as relaxing as possible. There are fish you could watch or just sit and read. This place is an amazing place and you should definitely check it out whenever you feel stressed or any other time you would like.

3. Wellness and Health Promotion Services

These services and initial screenings are free to students as they promote positive and healthy lifestyles. These services include but are not limited to: gardening, journaling, how to party safely, and eating right. These services are an asset to students and should be taken advantage of while we are still students. You can find out more on their website here.

Though these three things are not the only things everyone should know about, they should be used on a fairly regular basis. They all save time, improve your well-being, and allow you to get creative and explore new things. UCF has an abundance of things to offer that you may not know about, but it is easy to find out about and make use of it during your time here!

Photo credit: Image 1Image 2, Image 3, Image 4 , Image 5 

Brenda is a freshman at the University of Central Florida. Her love for Netflix, food, and traveling exceeds any other love she may have (besides the love for her mother). Feel free to follow her twitter @perksofbrenda to see what she's about.
UCF Contributor