bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Fun Workouts to Do at UCF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Getting tired of the same boring routine at the gym? Does the thought of even climbing onto the Stairmaster for another 45 minutes this week make you want to cry? Working out should be fun not a chore! So here are some of the newest, most creative workouts that will also make you feel like you aren’t trying hard to get that sexy beach body you’ve always wanted.

Go Kayaking: At UCF’s Lake Claire Recreation and Wellness center you can enjoy the scenery of gorgeous Lake Claire while working out those flabby arms of yours. Kayaking a paddle boarding are great upper body workouts!

Hot Yoga: This class will definitely make you break a sweat, but it also happens to be my favorite. Even when I am dripping I feel like I am relaxed and rejuvenated. This class fills up pretty quickly each week, so make sure you sign up the night before here on the UCF Rec and Wellness site.

The Barre Experience: For those of you who are envious of all the ballroom dancers who perform on Dancing with the Stars, I recommend taking this class. The class is infused with ballet skills that will tone up your legs and butt, and increase your flexibility. No dance experience is required.

Auqa Bootcamp: For those of you who are natural water babies, aqua boot camp is the class for you! I personally love this class because I feel like I’m never sweating, even though I’m getting my butt kicked by the instructor.

Hip Hop Cardio and Zumba:These dance infused, high intensity workouts will make you feel like you are in the club instead of at the gym. Plus it’s a great way to score some new moves for the club scene.

Kickboxing : This class is one of my absolute favorites. I feel like such a BA when I am walking out of the Group exercise room because the constant jabbing and hooking gets my heart pumping. If anyone tries messing with me after that class, I know I’ll be able to take em’.

Washboard abs: For those of you who are looking to get an awesome beach body, this is the class for you! If you go consistently throughout the semester you’ll be sure to have a rockin’ six pack.  

Climb the rock wall: The UCF four story rock climbing wall is a perfect way to knock out arm day! Scaling that huge wall will leave you with a feeling of pride and exhaustion.

Spinning: For those of you who haven’t tried cycling because you are afraid of its intensity; stop being a baby. This class is so much fun. The instructors that UCF have provided are so motivating and never make you do more than you can handle. This is another class that fills up quickly, so make sure you commit to the class you sign up for!

Buns and Guns: 30 minutes a week will be all it takes for you to get those perfect legs youve always wanted with Buns and Guns. This class will be sure to make you sweat, but your butt will thank you come time for bikini season!

Click here to get a full list of all of the services provided by UCF Rec and Wellness Center.