Why Having a Sister Is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Okay, so I’m a little biased, but I think having a sister is one of the best things in the entire world. Having a sister is like being born into a dynamic best friend duo. Sisters will always be there for you, through thick and thin because that’s their job. If you love your sister and believe she’s the most amazing person, here are some more reasons to love her.

She’s someone you can look up to

Regardless of whether she’s older or younger than you, you know how cool your sister is. You know how lucky you are to have her as your sister, and that the two of you together are unstoppable.

She’ll always accept your weirdness

She has to, she’s your sister and her job is to understand you, or at least accept you.

Sharing clothes

When you’re together, your closets (or suitcases) seem to mesh into one huge pile of clothes from which you both pick freely. My sister and I basically have the same body type, which is very convenient. Well, until she tries to wear your favorite dress and you tell her that it’s off limits.

You can talk to her like one of your friends

Since you’re both girls, you can have girl talk with her! You share your inner thoughts and secrets with her like she’s one of your best friends, because hopefully she is.

She’s just a phone call away

Whether you’re living in the same town or not, your sister is someone you can easily reach out to by just calling or texting her. She’s always there for you whether you need relationship advice, career advice, or just someone to pour your heart to.

Cover image source: Unsplash

Courtney is a senior at the University of California Davis where she is earning her degree in Communication, with minor in English. Courtney is a member of Alpha Delta Pi and is from Santa Barbara, CA. She is an avid reader, Netflix and Hulu watcher, beauty enthusiast, and is a big foodie!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!