What’s in Season? Cherries!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Joan Jett would be proud of this recipe because it is the ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry BOMB.

If you can’t make it to The California Cherry Festival on June 6, 2015 in Downtown San Leandro, why not give this decadent Cherry Cobbler recipe a try? 

Cherry Cobbler

Baking Time: 2 hours (This factors in the potential amount of time to pit the cherries)

Cherry Filling

Ingredients:– 5½ cups of pitted cherries- 3 tablespoons cornstarch- 1¼ cups of sugar

Tools:– Large bowl- Spoon

Wash the cherries. Remove the pits. Place the pitted cherries, cornstarch, and sugar into a bowl. Mix ingredients together briefly. Let stand for 15 minutes or until a syrup forms. Pour the filling into a large ceramic or metal baking dish.

Cobbler Topping

*This cobbler topping recipe is versatile and can be used for peach or apple cobblers as well!

Ingredients:– 1 cup flour- 2 tsps. Baking powder- 1 cup white sugar- ¾ cups milk- Cinnamon- ¼ cup brown sugar

Tools:– Large bowl- Spoon- Baking pan- Oven

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients; mix together your flour, baking powder, and sugar. Then add in milk to your dry ingredients, and blend until fully incorporated. Add your cobbler topping over your cherry filling. Sprinkle cinnamon across the top for extra warmth with each bite. Bake for 45 minutes, and allow cobbler to cool. 

I was born and raised in Northern California and studied English with a Professional Writing minor at University of California, Davis. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!