This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We are in our last quarter of the school year, which means it’s time to make your summer plans. There are several amazing singers and bands coming to Northern California this summer, so make sure to mark your calendars now!

Tori Kelly

Fox Theatre in Oakland (5/19)

While Tori’s concert is actually during late spring, it is definitely worth attending. After starting out on YouTube and competing on American Idol, Tori has proven herself as a force to be reckoned within the music industry.

James Taylor

Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey’s (7/13)

James is one of the best-selling artists ever, so this is your chance to cross him off your concert bucket list. Bring your friends and family, because this legend will have a little something everyone can sing along to.

Tim McGraw

Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys (7/23)

Tim is without a doubt one of the best country singers of our time. He has held a steady fan base since the ’90s and quite honestly, he has just gotten better with age. His concert will be full of cowboy hats and dancing, so make sure to dress accordingly!

Adele

Oracle Arena in Oakland (8/2)

While the full price tickets are currently sold out, it is pretty much guaranteed that as the concert gets closer you will be able to find tickets on Craigslist or other websites for much cheaper. Because Adele rarely tours and usually prefers to live a quieter life, this is not a concert you want to miss. 

Alabama Shakes

Greek Theatre-UC Berkeley (8/13)

This blues rock band has an incredibly unique and unbelievable sound. Their music has such depth and soul that makes it impossible not to tap your feet along to it. If you missed their concert at UCD in 2013, make sure to catch them again at our sister school, UC Berkeley, this summer. 

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!