Small Ways You Can Survive Winter Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Winter quarter is notorious for being the absolute worst time of the academic year. Fortunately, your next couple of months doesn’t have to be as terrible as anticipated!

Tea

Coffee might be a lifesaver during finals, but probably not the best idea to drink on a daily basis. It can actually make you more anxious during times of stress. Instead, try to substitute your cup o’ joe with some herbal tea and honey. Although Lorelai Gilmore would suggest otherwise, I highly recommend making the switch. Caffeine isn’t the most reliable friend when freaking out during an all-nighter.

Spotify (Premium)

Elevate your mood with endless music throughout the day. Spotify offers college students half off a Premium subscription for millions of songs and endless skips wherever you go. Best part? No ads. Just get the app on your phone and download your favorite playlists. Better yet, see what your friends are listening to! Also, who doesn’t study with a bit of background music? Get Spotify premium here.

Get a planner

If you’re like me, you’ve piled on those units every winter quarter. Not fall, not spring, always winter. It always seems to work out that way, but it also means that you’re more susceptible to losing track of due dates. Never forget when your next exam is by using a planner. It’ll help you visualize your entire week in advance, making it always possible to stay on task. Get your free Passion Planner PDFs here.

Find your happy place

Despite how perpetually gloomy winter can be, you can find a place that will bring out your inner comfort and happiness. Go to Mishka’s to cozy up and read or find nook at school to double as a study and comfort zone. Nothing’s worse than preparing for exams in an overcrowded library.

Get out!

The great thing about Davis is that you can easily escape and have a ton of fun. Make this winter quarter memorable by going to Berkeley for a concert at the Greek Theater or even a small trip to Sacramento with a few friends. There are plenty of places to explore, so don’t leave yourself feeling stuck in this small town!

None of these images belong to Her Campus or the author.

Thumbnail courtesy of Pexels

Becky is currently a third year Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies and Communication double major with a minor in UWP.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!