freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sites We Love: Letters to Crushes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

When you’re head over heels for someone, it’s hard to hide it: you gush at the mention of their name, can’t stop thinking about them and most importantly – you want to tell someone. But who?

Meet your new online love-journal, Letters to Crushes (letterstocrushes.com). As a self-proclaimed “community of romantics,” this website shares user-submitted letters of everything from hope to heartbreak on crushes. Letters are written with as much anonymity as writers choose, giving users the comfort their crush won’t find their letter. In addition, no format is necessary for submitting a letter: all letters are accepted. Plus, you won’t need to make an account to write a letter – you can write a letter to EVERY crush you’ve ever had.

You’re bound to laugh, smile and cry your way through this website as letters share “when we first met” stories or Valentine’s Day #relationshipgoals. You might even have the occasional paranoia thinking the “Cindy” someone mentions in a letter is about you (chances are, it’s not. But – it’s fun to pretend).

The staff favorites/most ‘loved’ letters land on the front page; not as a matter for likes, but for recognizing the most endearing stories.

So, what are you waiting for? Write that letter to the guy you’ve had your eye on or the girl who broke your heart. You’ve got nothing to lose. As their Tumblr account says, “if you’re not going to tell them… may as well tell everyone.” 

To write a letter, it’s simple: click ‘Send’ at the top right corner, start typing, and let a weight lift off your shoulders.

Cindy Suzuki is a recent graduate of the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication and double-minors in Professional Writing and Textiles and Clothing. She considers herself a full-fledged fashion aficionado; living and breathing all things fashion related. Follow her fashion journey on Instagram: @cindysuzuki
Editor in Chief, UC Davis chapter founder.